Statseeker Review

Reduces the complexity of network monitoring and reduces the network admin team's workload

What is our primary use case?

Our main use of Statseeker is for verifying traffic after several upgrades or failures.

How has it helped my organization?

We recently had a cluster of firewalls that wigged out and we were able to pinpoint it in a matter of minutes to find which one wigged out.

Statseeker helps reduce the complexity of our network monitoring because it's real-time, or somewhat real-time, so we're able to see stuff quickly and react to it.

I think it's reduced the workload of our network admin team, in the fact that they're able to verify relatively quick the capacity and utilization of the links.

What is most valuable?

The graphics and trends are the most valuable for us.

The solution's granularity has great detail, in terms of network visibility.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have soft alarming. If an inner-base all of a sudden triggers a threshold, we have to rely on a lot of other tools and then we go into Statseeker to verify it. If Statseeker would confirm it preemptively and trigger it into our network panel, that would be nice.

Training also has some room for improvement.

I've been very impressed with stability.

Previously, we used a variety of tools like some WAN and a lot of other in-house tools, but this is the one that we use a lot for confirmation.

The solution's support for both traditional and SDA reduces cost for us. I would say it has saved us about a quarter of a million dollars.

However, we have not yet seen an ROI.

It would definitely be a yearly licensing cost, but I don't know what it is.

What other advice do I have?

Go into it with your eyes open and know what you're looking for. The biggest lesson is learning how to group everything together. We've got so many interfaces plugged into this device, it's kind of hard to hunt and peck. It'd be nice to know that going into it.

I would rate Statseeker as a nine out of ten.