Statseeker Overview

Statseeker is the #12 ranked solution in our list of best Network Monitoring Tools. It is most often compared to SolarWinds NPM: Statseeker vs SolarWinds NPM

What is Statseeker?
Statseeker is the only network performance monitoring technology to seamlessly and successfully combine speed + scale + value. Statseeker is a global provider delivering innovative network monitoring solutions for the IT enterprise and OT industrial market space. With active deployments in over 22 countries and many Fortune 100 firms, Statseeker monitors millions of interfaces in real-time. Instant visibility: Installed in minutes, polls up to 1 million ports from a single server… reduce your time to repair. Powerful monitoring: Checks every port over entire network, every 60 seconds… low network consumption bandwidth. Fast reporting: Practical real-time dashboard, reports in seconds, instant alerts… maximize your up-time. Smart data: 100% network data, original granularity, never rolled up, never averaged… tune for peak performance, control CAPEX and OPEX.
Statseeker Buyer's Guide

Download the Statseeker Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

Statseeker Customers
With active deployments in over 22 countries and many Fortune 100 firms, Statseeker monitors millions of interfaces in real-time. Some example customers include: FedEx, Optus, Verizon, California State University, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Monash University, Texas A&M University.
Statseeker Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Statseeker pricing:
  • "The yearly cost varies as per the number of devices being monitored. The cost for 25,000 devices is about $4500."
  • "It's probably $5K a year for the license."
  • "We paid $5,000 to $10,000 a year in maintenance."
  • "We have permanent licenses so there's really no cost, other than ongoing maintenance. When I think about it, that's running us about $20,000 a year."
  • "This tool would probably be priced well if it had deeper NetFlow capabilities, but for our use case, in particular, we're only recovering ports after ninety days and looking at circuit congestion, it's pretty pricey."
  • "When it came to selecting this solution, it came down to cost."
  • "Compared to other solutions such as Zabbix and AKiPS, this solution is very well priced."

Statseeker Reviews

Jp Buckley
Senior Network Engineer at Unum Group
Jun 25, 2019
Reduces the complexity of your network monitoring and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use of Statseeker is for our interface. In our data center, we are typically a Cisco shop. We can now look thirty days into the future based on past stats of trends or fashion. If we have 10 servers in the field office, we can jump up to twenty based on utilization. We have the evidence. It is a lot of manual work to create those reports, but a bit easier now.

• "Statseeker helps to quickly see if you have a spike or something going on. In the future, we need to get NetFlow in the tool so we can see what the IP is."
  • "With Statseeker I'd like to see some flow, i.e. what's tuning-up the network. The trend I like is managing the traffic load by going to the cloud."

What other advice do I have?

Statseeker reduces the complexity of your network monitoring. It is easy. You don't have to go in and show the guys how to log in and check this and that. They can just click whichever router is required for the interface. I would like a single pane of glass. It's not there. We have so many devices. We have a huge network. We go over fifty thousand nodes in the US, UK, Ireland, and Poland. We use different tools. Statseeker is one of them. Not all of them offer a single pane of glass for administration. You have to click in, dive in, and dig into the ways. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd rate…
Jessie Hackney
Network Engineer at West Virginia Department of Education
Jul 2, 2019
Simplifies monitoring and provides real-time alerts for issues we might not immediately be aware of otherwise

What is our primary use case?

We have about 800 schools and we use Statseeker to monitor the WAN router at each site. Up/down (uptime and downtime) is our biggest thing. After that, we use it for monitoring bandwidth, interface utilization and different things like that. We use it for all the statistics it can provide in real-time and for historical usage. We use those statistics to plan if there is a need for upgrades — things like that.

• "The product simplifies monitoring by providing real-time alerts through a GUI dashboard, email and texts."
  • "It doesn't do absolutely everything and it will require some additional software or hardware support to be a complete single solution."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product as a nine out of ten. I really like the product. I think it does what it does very well. We have a couple of other products that we use for monitoring different specific things, but we always rely on Statseeker. I always have it up on my monitor and it's one of my favorite tools.
Learn what your peers think about Statseeker. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Charles Moore
Senior IT Director at Inglis foundation
Jun 25, 2019
The single pane of glass for traditional and SDN affects our network management by making it easier

What is our primary use case?

We use Statseeker to monitor all the devices on our network. This includes: * the network switches * our gateways to the cloud * our kiosks that are mounted throughout our building * any other device we deem to be important We want to know exactly when they go down.

• "In terms of network visibility, Statseeker can be very granular. We can tell it exactly where we want it to go and where we want it to check, or it can do an SNMP walk and find out where everything is. It's very detailed."
  • "I would like the ability to update the dashboard. I would also like the ability to access via an API. Then I could produce a dashboard that my C level can understand. This is just so they can go and refresh whenever they want to and see what things look like."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Statseeker has reduced the complexity of our network monitoring once it's installed. It provides a single pane of glass to go and look at a snapshot if anything's down or having any transitions, i.e. within the last hour or last twenty-four hours. You can look at the data coordinator and if you see something red, you know something's wrong. If you don't see anything red, you know nothing's wrong. It just takes a glance. Even our help desk, if they're not in-network experienced, they can tell if something's down. The single pane of glass for traditional and SDN affects our network…
NetworkA3000
Network Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 24, 2019
Helps diagnose problems and helps with network complexity

What is our primary use case?

We use it for network monitoring, mainly for our core in-campus devices.

• "The most important for us is how fast this solution is, as well as the granularity that you can get to, such as per-minute statistics."
  • "I'd say the interface could improve a little bit. I find with new users, I tend to have to spend a bit of time walking them through how to use the interface. It could be a little more user friendly."

What other advice do I have?

I'd absolutely recommend it. It's a great product. The biggest lesson I've learned from using Statseeker is the fact that granularity matters. If you look at a problem over 15-minute averages, or 30-minute averages, you don't get the same information. You don't reach the same conclusions that you do if you're working on one-minutes averages. I would rate this as a nine out of ten. It's really easy to use. We don't need to spend a lot of time trying to keep it up-to-date or maintained or anything like that. It just really runs in the background and it's there when we need it.
Troy Mellon
Network Engineer at Banner Health
Jun 24, 2019
Proactively identifies a problem or gives you a head's up that it's likely to become an issue

What is our primary use case?

We use it for bandwidth monitoring and email alerts when there are significant events like interfaces or devices that are down. Those are our big use cases.

• "We were having some issues with a certain site, and it was only Statseeker that showed us what the problem was."
  • "Maybe they could provide a little bit more flexibility on creating custom dashboards."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely advise them to look closely at it because it's been a benefit to us and I believe that there is a lot of value there, especially if you're in a bandwidth-constrained environment. It's not as common nowadays, but back in the day when people were trying to push as much as they could down a single T1 line, it was a little bit more critical. The biggest lesson I've learned is that everything is always changing on your network and Statseeker tends to show these things before they become bad things. So they anticipate, or proactively identify the problem, or at least give you a…
NetworkA0c11
Network Analyst at a leisure / travel company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 2, 2019
Troubleshoots network congestion well, but is expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to control bandwidth congestion, and also for the recovery of unused data network ports.

• "We're able to recover more expensive ports on our access line devices."
  • "If it had more detailed NetFlow information then it would be far better."

What other advice do I have?

This product provides some good functionality. However, the reporting is right to left, which is less than ideal, the cost is significantly high, and the NetFlow capabilities are lacking. My advice is to go with AKIPS, rather than this solution. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Solutioneddb
Solution Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 2, 2019
Improves our troubleshooting ability through better visibility, but needs better reporting and alerting

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is troubleshooting. We use it for logging and monitoring the routers and switches in the environment. It assists us with capacity planning.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the simplicity of adding new devices into it."
  • "I would like to see more comprehensive reporting and alerting."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution in terms of ease of use and ease of deployment. It is a cost-effective solution that provides basic functionality. However, the bells and whistles that other vendors have will need to be provided or enhanced in Statseeker in order for it to compete. The biggest lesson that I learned is how easy it is deployed. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
Matthew Freitag
Network Engineer at Michigan Technological University
Jun 25, 2019
Near-instantaneous alerts help us to quickly narrow down problems

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is network monitoring.

• "We are a smaller enterprise, but we're watching approximately fifteen-thousand switchboards with no problem at all."
  • "This solution would be improved with better automatic discovery for ping-only devices."

What other advice do I have?

If this solution offers a trial then I would suggest giving it a try. In my experience, there is not much better than this. We set a two-minute bundle time so that we don't get completely inundated with alerts. There is a bug we have encountered, where if we accidentally add a ping-only device as an SNMP device, and then that device goes down, it doesn't report back as "down". Overall, I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 18 more Statseeker Reviews