Symantec Complete Website Security Review

The admin GUI is user friendly and easy to manage. Sometimes, Credential ID does not register a device.

What is most valuable?

From a user’s perspective, ease-of-use is what separates it from others like RSA SecurID. It is very easy to download to mobile phones, laptops, and desktops of any platform. From the admin’s perspective, its GUI is very user friendly and easy to manage.

How has it helped my organization?

When using Symantec VIP, not much configuration is needed in order for it to work. It works in any platform, including macOS. In our case, we just simply download and install the application online, install Citrix Receiver and that’s it. You are good to go.

What needs improvement?

The Credential ID part where you need to register it: Sometimes, it does not register a device, for some reason. As a workaround, we register it for our users from the Symantec VIP Manager portal.

I have used this product since 2014.

We have had no stability issues so far.

We have had no scalability issues so far.

Personally, I have never coordinated with Symantec VIP technical support in my two years of using it. So, I can’t rate it as of yet.

We used to use RSA SecurID. The solution is, in my personal terms, very “toxic” to use. It was not a choice made by myself to switch to Symantec VIP Manager, but I believe an accumulation of disappointment with the other solution made the team switch over to a better one.

The setup was done in collaboration by our Infrastructure and Desktop Management teams. I cannot really tell as to what happened during its initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

The product will not disappoint. Go for it!

1 Comment
CacheGuardUserTOP 5

Maybe a frontal firewall blocks the registration process... Have you tried to contact the support? With CacheGuard we have sometimes the same issues.

12 January 18