Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Reliable with good ransomware and general malware protection

What is our primary use case?

We used this product to protect our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

This product is valuable for ransomware protection, general malware protection, and network exploitation protection.

What needs improvement?

Since the acquisition by Broadcom, we are no longer receiving the proper support. Otherwise, we had no specific point points while using this solution.

This product would be improved with the inclusion of EDR functionality.

We have been using Symantec End-user Endpoint Security for the past 10 years.

This is a reliable solution.

We have scaled without issues.

Prior to the acquisition by Broadcom, we were receiving proper technical support. Right now, we are not getting any support from them, and we are changing products as a result.

The initial setup is easy. It takes a medium-level of time to implement.

Licensing is based on a yearly subscription.

We are currently evaluating other products because we are migrating, now that we are no longer receiving the proper technical support.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I would recommend, but only in the case that the support improves. I have spoken with friends of mine who are in the same position and not getting the proper support.

In summary, this is a good product and the only major challenge is that we are no longer getting the proper support.

More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.