Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Stable and easy to use but could do with additional features

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Symantec Endpoint Security is threat intelligence and endpoint protection. Their threat protection is very good. We are managing a good number of users thanks to the solution and we are pretty satisfied with it.

What is most valuable?

What I've found the most valuable is that it's stable and easy to use. Device control and management is especially easy.

What needs improvement?

Some vendors are starting to give Symantec Endpoint Security a run for their money. Even Symantec's basic DLP features are getting to a point where they're good enough for some organizations' endpoint security needs. The company should be anticipating this. It might be a good idea to introduce some additional features to Symantec Endpoint Security.

I have been using this solution for five to six years.

Symantec Endpoint Security is stable and easy to use.

I have not had much experience with their tech support.

Installation is was straightforward for us. There was not very much to it.

We did get some vendor support but six or seven of our engineers were involved in the process.

Symantec Endpoint Security does have some aggressive competitors and they're offering very competitive pricing. Maybe Symantec Endpoint Security could amend their pricing structure, but they always offer a good product.

We evaluated one other antivirus, but I forgot its name. Symantec Endpoint Security was way better compared to that product.

More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.