Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Greatly mitigates security risks; provides a good local firewall

What is our primary use case?

We're a large company with half of our business in the UK and half throughout the rest of Europe. We deal with about 13 countries and I work from Serbia. Our business focuses on train and bus transport, and sometimes ferry services. We're using the solution to mitigate security risks. We were considering solutions for endpoint protection and decided to go with Symantec for our work stations and servers. It offers anti-malware plus a firewall and some other functionalities. I'm an IT manager.

What is most valuable?

I like the antivirus and the local firewall that the solution provides. It's user friendly with a good dashboard.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see a full anti-ransomware solution because there are some anti-ransomware functionalities that would assist us if they were included in the solution.

I've been using Symantec End-User Endpoint Security for about six years.

The solution is very stable.

We're not a big business in Serbia but scalability is easy. We have around 160 workstations and about 130 users.

We have a contract with the local Symantec partner in Serbia so we can speak to them in our language. The support is very good.

The initial setup is rather simple.

The license for this solution is purchased on an annual bases. The price could be cheaper but it's not too bad. We also pay for technical support which we get locally here in Serbia.

What other advice do I have?

Symantec is not the only endpoint security solution that we actually have experience with but I would recommend it. I think it's one of the best solutions currently on the market.

I rate this solution an eight out of ten.

14.3
More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.