Symantec Endpoint Encryption Review

Works transparently in the background, but it is not user-friendly and technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used predominately for data protection. We want to protect our data in case it is lost, or if we are replacing or upgrading hardware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it works in the background so that the end-users are not aware of what is happening on the laptop.

What needs improvement?

I do not find the environment to be very user-friendly.

The technical support is not very good, especially for issues involving the encryption.

If the user loses their encryption key then the process for recovering it is complicated and should be made simpler.

During the last upgrade, I experienced some data corruption on my laptop. I was unable to view the data, nor get support from Symantec.

I have been using Symantec Endpoint Encryption for about ten years.

I would rate the stability as good. We use this solution on an occasional basis.

With respect to scalability, we have had some hardware compatibility issues.

We have more than 1,000 users.

My team is in regular contact with technical support, although I have had no direct involvement with them. I do not find them to be very good.

The initial setup is of medium difficulty. It is neither simple nor complex.

The cost of this solution is a little on the higher side.

After implementing Symantec Endpoint Encryption we have been exploring alternate vendors to look at additional features like application protection. One of these solutions is the native Windows 10 BitLocker, and I am also evaluating a product by Dell.

What other advice do I have?

I do not recommend Symantec Endpoint Encryption. The support needs to be improved.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More Symantec Endpoint Encryption reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Symantec Endpoint Encryption. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.