Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Review

The valuable features are device control, SONOR, and anti-virus.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are device control, SONOR, and anti-virus.

Device control in Symantec is not limited to only some devices. You can add any device you want, so that it can become a part of the policy you made. The anti-virus feature is very good.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps me with the security policies that I make. I can change policies quickly and easily.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements in the anti-virus and the device control features.

Anti-Virus: I would like to see Symantec improve the ant-virus to stop and detect Ransomware and email attachments. Symantec is weak with Ransomware. I would like to see the anti-spam for Outlook improve the scanning and blocking of attachments.

Device control: I would like to see an improvement in the USB control, because it sometimes creates a conflict with USB printers.

I have been using this solution since 2006.

There were no stability issues.

Customer service is very good.

I used technical support through a vendor and they were very good.

The initial setup was easy and I had no problem with it.

I evaluated other options like McAfee and Sophos, but they weren’t good enough for me.

What other advice do I have?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is designed for maximum efficiency, enabling hardware to run faster and last longer for performance, and runs on several operating systems, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. The complete suite is a good fit for medium-sized businesses seeking a more comprehensive range of protection.
Symantec's Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition earns high marks from AV-TEST for protection and usability. However, this antivirus software doesn't scan email, a vulnerability in today's digital age. It might be the best choice for antivirus protection for your small business but that depends on the features and functions most important for your business and your security.
just make sure thats you are always update and you have the latest release.

This is very good product. My advice is to calculate your needs. Make a decision based on an accurate assessment of the price, the licensing, and the support.

When I choose a product, I look for stability, security, and safety.