Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Review

It is a stable product. A good improvement would be altering the console in the console manager.

What is our primary use case?

The primary key is because it doesn't impact much in the performance of the endpoint.

How has it helped my organization?

For me, the end point is almost a commodity. So, an advantage with Symantec is the integration. The integration with our two directories for taking control to administrate people, and then follow up with the segmentation to different people. To be able to manage a subset of the endpoint registering the solution, the distribution is in geographical sounds. The dashboard can be emailed, and I can receive the solution.

What is most valuable?

I find the most valuable features are the security features that have been developed in the past few years.

What needs improvement?

A good improvement would be altering the console in the console manager. Sometimes we need to add and improve the security to access to the console because the indicators and we can take management activities into the console, and it's, nice to have to improve the security access to the console.

Three to five years.

It is very stable. I do not have any problems with it at all.

I only use the technical support once or twice a year. I find that sometimes they are a bit slow to find a solution.

The most imprortant criteria for me to find a proper solution in this sphere are:

• Knowledge of the market
  • Study of the solution

I also looked at McAffe, but I noticed that Symantec was the better performing solution when I researched respected user performance.

1 Comment
Ahmed IsmaelUser

It is a stable product and good improvement

18 February 19