Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Review

Virus checking inside containers is very useful for us

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped us because it is really useful for blocking all kinds of viruses.

What is most valuable?

The support for virus checking in containers is very useful.

We have also created policies to assist with blocking evasive applications.

We are also using the Symantec Messaging Gateway.

What needs improvement?

If we install a client's software in our location, such as Microsoft Office or Adobe reader, we would like to have these endpoints protected.

Nine years.

The solution is stable.

We have had some little issues and file problems when we are logging the calls through the technical team.

Sometimes, when we are creating a new policy, some of the clients are not being updated with the latest policy.

We have approximately one thousand users with this solution.

Technical support for this solution is good. We speak to the technical support team directly.

I started with the company after this solution was implemented.

The initial setup for this solution is easy. Not a problem.

Our deployment took less than fifteen minutes, and a single engineer is enough for the maintenance.

The Symantec technical team handled the implementation for us.

The licensing is calculated on a monthly basis, but we use a three-year renewal. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

They did evaluate other solutions including Sophos, ESET, McAfee, and Kaspersky. We did not find these as user-friendly.

What other advice do I have?

The support is very good. It is easy to manage all of the clients and deploy new policies.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.