Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Review

Scanning and reporting are good, but the initial setup was complex

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

This product provides complete laptop and desktop protection from cyber attacks.

What is most valuable?

The features I've found the most valuable are the scanning and the reporting.

What needs improvement?

The reporting function definitely has room for improvement. If Symantec can provide us with the overall API for accessing and reporting, that would be great. The reporting function needs to be more user-friendly in general. I think we have too much technical level reporting, I think it would be better to have more user and usage types of reporting.

I would like to see in the next release focus more on unusual behavior so that we can know how the end results are behaving and if they are in the clear.

They should also provide users with some sort of training videos, for how to use the solution.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable. The majority of the users are end users. Other than that we have IT staff that use it, so we have approximately three thousand users.

The scalability is good.

I'd rate technical support as average.

Previously we used Trend Micro. The features were not as good as Symantec, so we switched.

The initial setup was complex. There are too many moving parts. You have to install one bit, then install the reporting function, then install the dashboard, and so on. Then you have to open the manual and check it. If it is not correct the system will restart itself and cause so many complications, every part is pretty complex.

We did not use an integrator, we did it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution four and a half out of ten.