Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Review

Enables us to manage identities and environment controllers in order to make it more unified and standard

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for managing identities and environment controllers in order to make it more unified and standard.

What is most valuable?

I like that it is easy to diagnose. It has a version of a virtual appliance so we can download it, run it, configure it, and it would take about 10 to 15 minutes to configure the cluster or so.

It's easy to deploy, it's two versions, the manual deployment version, if it can be prepared in clusters it'll take one or two days. But the software appliance will take from 15 to 20 minutes.

What needs improvement?

They should easier and better integration with other software. It's hard to create custom integration rules with other software, like Oracle. This needs to be improved to give the customer an easier way to integrate.

I have been using this solution for the past two to three years.

It is stable. If I had to rate the stability from one to ten, I would give it an 8.5.

Technical support from CA is not very good. I would give them a seven out of ten for their assistance and their knowledge. They could use improvement.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

To make it a ten, it should have more remote capabilities. There should be better partnerships with remoting tools. They need more remote partners and better dashboards.

More Symantec Identity Governance and Administration reviews from users