Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
Source-to-destination mapping identified opportunities for service quality improvements.

Valuable Features:

Ease of use (including frequently used calculations), drag and drop and interactive data visualization are the most valuable features of the product to me.

Improvements to My Organization:

• Helped organization to identify the best time to roll out the campaign for summer cruise booking.
  • Measured health plan product performance to identify health plan product(s) where organization is losing or making money.
  • Source-to-destination mapping for health plan members to determine how far members travel to their primary care physician’s office from their residence to identify opportunities for service quality improvements.

Room for Improvement:

We need a Tableau connector to connect to other BI tools like SAP BusinessObjects.

Use of Solution:

I have been using this product for over three years.

Deployment Issues:

So far, I have never encountered any issues with deployment or stability. I do feel slowness rarely when I try to get data directly by connecting to Teradata database using SQL Query.

Technical support is excellent.

Previous Solutions:

I did a POC with Tableau for my current organization and compared this tool with other BI tools.

I recommended Tableau for the following reasons: truly mature product, price-performance balance, ease of use, lot of flexibilities in regrouping the data on the fly, most of the frequently used calculations are built-in and very easy to use - unlike some other BI tools, which are quite clumsy - and for best interactive data visualization capabilities. Most importantly, a non-IT person can develop a simple dashboard without any IT help.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was very straightforward.

Implementation Team:

I installed the Tableau desktop on my computer. Tableau servers are installed by our internal admins. It’s an easy installation and doesn’t need the vendor’s help.

Sometimes admin gets overwhelmed after Tableau is rolled out in the organization as users get up to the speed in a very short period of time, because of how easy it is to use the tool. Therefore, system access and resource planning should be done and properly planned ahead of time.

Other Advice:

People should be aware of the fact that Tableau doesn’t have a semantic layer. It takes a good amount of time to prepare the dataset / data structure. Once the dataset is ready, the data visualization part doesn’t take much time, even for a fairly complex dashboard, because the tool is very intuitive and easy to use.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 208,781 professionals have used our research on 5,553 solutions.