Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
With its data blending feature, we take transaction data from the DB and goals data from an Excel file, and it easily blends the information.

Valuable Features:

• Rich visualization
  • Data blending

Probably, these factors set Tableau apart from many of its competitors.

Improvements to My Organization:

Because of data blending, we are able to source from multiple data sources. For example, we take the transaction data by connecting to the DB and the goals data comes as Excel from the business. It helps us easily blend the information.

Room for Improvement:

Performance is one big area of improvement I believe. Being an in-memory analytical tool, I think lot of work needs to be done to make the reports’ performance faster.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for three years.

Deployment Issues:

I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

I rate technical support 9/10.

Previous Solutions:

I've previously used Oracle Business Intelligence and SAP BusinessObjects. Both of them lack the rich viz that Tableau offers.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was very straightforward.

Implementation Team:

Implementation was done in-house.

Other Advice:

If you've previously used other BI tools, you need to be aware that Tableau doesn't have any semantic layer like OBIEE or BO. So, you might have to write lot of queries if the report involves complex logic.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 229,168 professionals have used our research on 5,846 solutions.