Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
The best feature of Tableau is its simple GUI with drag-and-drop feature.

Valuable Features:

The best feature of Tableau is its simple GUI with drag-and-drop feature. It helps even a rookie create a great visualization. But for experts, it also provides flexibility of writing queries to fetch data. It’s easy-to-integrate feature - with almost all the databases - makes it a great value.

Improvements to My Organization:

We have used Tableau for creating dashboards for our clients to help them visualize their data for developing business strategies. They can easily use the dashboard for targeting strengths and improving the areas of weakness.

Room for Improvement:

The feature I would like to have is publication of a live dashboard on a webpage, so that dashboards can be incorporated in webpages. We can do this currently on Tableau public but because of data security, we need the dashboards to be private. But in private dashboards, we cannot publish it on webpages. Sisense provides this feature.

Use of Solution:

I have been using Tableau for the last two years, with the first year being for college assignments. I have exclusively used Tableau for creating dashboards for hotel clients.

Deployment Issues:

I have not really encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

I rate the level of customer service and technical support 8/10.

Previous Solutions:

I have used QlikView, but I have always found Tableau simpler to use.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was simple. I just had to install Tableau Desktop on my system.

Implementation Team:

An in-house team did the implementation. It’s easy to set up.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Pricing is steep.

Other Advice:

If you have the budget, go for it. It’s the best money can get you.
I have loved working with Tableau for its simplicity and ability to handle large volumes of data. However, it’s a bit too expensive.

0 Comments