Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
It offers storyboarding and a responsive design. It needs to allow for more complexity in data joins and creation.

Valuable Features

• Ease of creating dashboard objects
  • Variety of dashboard objects
  • Visual appeal
  • Storyboarding
  • Scalability
  • Responsive design

Room for Improvement

It needs to allow for more complexity in data joins and creation. It needs to allow for designers to create objects together on one page instead of each object having its own page before then bringing them all together. They need to offer a personal (i.e., free) edition.

Use of Solution

I have been using Tableau for six months.

Customer service and technical support are very good.

Initial setup simplicity or complexity depends on the project and the systems already in place. As for the tool itself, initial setup is straightforward.

Implementation Team

I have implemented it in-house and with a vendor team. Business needs need to be fully understood and documented. Most of the issues have always been data related. The development team and the business HAVE to get a full understanding of what the data is, where it is stored, and how it is stored. BUSINESS RULES and a DATA DICTIONARY are a must.

Other Solutions Considered

Among Tableau, QlikView, and Qlik Sense, I prefer QlikView, due to its higher customization capabilities, its associative nature, and its ETL features.

Other Advice

Standardization in design/development is crucial. FULL communication and documentation with EVERYONE is needed. I don’t know how much time has been lost or efforts duplicated because of a lack of all this.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.