Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
We use it for data visualization, predictive analytics, and forecasting.

Valuable Features:

• Ease of use
  • Data visualization
  • Predictive analytics and forecasting

Improvements to My Organization:

We are a consulting company, so we could use it internally. However, this is more for other clients. It does help those clients in analyzing their data.

Room for Improvement:

There are certain things that I would want it to do, but it wouldn't be something that I could easily describe.

Use of Solution:

I have been using this solution for around three years.

Scalability Issues:

It all depends. You have to make sure that you've designed the data part well. It is doing better at handling scalability. In other words, you can throw more users at it and it shouldn't impact the system performance.

Initial Setup:

The setup part depends on what Tableau products you're using. For Tableau Desktop Developer, the setup was very straightforward.

Other Advice:

Make sure that you have your requirements and your use cases. You need to know what exactly you are trying to solve. You need to know the story that you are trying to tell. The business needs to know.

If you are an IT organization, then you need to understand what the business is trying to do before you just go and start using the product.

Tableau was able to handle the challenges that we've had, in terms of reporting and analytics. It's flexible enough, so that you can bring in other data and be able to quickly marry that data with what you have, report on it, and be able to tell the story that the business wants fairly quickly.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 219,209 professionals have used our research on 5,617 solutions.