Tableau Review

User interface is designed for ease of use for non-technical users

What is most valuable?

User interface is designed for ease of use for non-technical users. Users can pick up the product without attending training session. This is a plus.

How has it helped my organization?

I have only used it to demonstrate the ease of use to financial type users in the commercial market. It is used in academia as a simply learning aid for data visualization.

What needs improvement?

Integration with big data platform is a plus for any BI tool. They need to perform ETL/ELT operations with a direct connect to Hadoop ecosystem and RStudio for data quality tasks or offer a similar features.

Two years in academia and briefly with the State of Texas in a three month evaluation project.

The free mapping component needs some enhancement for a better quality of geographic information, but it does connect with a ESRI mapping server for optimal data visualization of geographic information at an additional cost,

Never used it, but the training needs some online learning courses for Tableau administration instead of relying on partner relationships to provide this training.

I did not switch. I use QlikView, SAS Analytics, TIBCO Spotfire, and IBM Watson for college instructor roles.

I only used the desktop version for evaluation of the product, and the student version online in academia. It was simple to install, but I am not sure about the server configuration.

Pricing is fair for small business groups, but it also depends on the scalability that they need with the cartographic integration for better maps.

What other advice do I have?

Great tool.