Talend Open Studio Review

User-friendly, but technical support and customer service need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We have been using Talend for ETF functions in connection with our RDBMS system.

We are in the process of moving from RDBMS to Big Data, so we may not be using Talend in the future.

What is most valuable?

This is a user-friendly solution that is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

We need to use a more complete solution that includes data governance, data quality, data lineage, data classification, and data security. At a minimum, they should include some data quality rules and functionality, and perhaps some login features.

Technical support and customer service need to be improved.

There is no log available.

We have been using Talend Open Studio for about two years.

We have had no issues with stability.

Scalability hasn't been a problem.

We have never received responses to our queries from the company, so we are totally unsatisfied with the support.

We are using the Community version of Talend, which has some limited functionality.

The paid version of this solution has a very high price, but even with the limitations, the Community version works fine.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good solution. Of course, there is lots of room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Talend Open Studio reviews from users
...who work at a Insurance Company
...who compared it with Informatica Data Integration Hub
Learn what your peers think about Talend Open Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,536 professionals have used our research since 2012.