Talend Open Studio Overview

Talend Open Studio is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Data Integration Tools. It is most often compared to SSIS: Talend Open Studio vs SSIS

What is Talend Open Studio?
Talend's open source products and open architecture create unmatched flexibility so you can solve integration challenges your way. Talend reduces the learning curve and lowers the barrier to adoption for data integration, data profiling, big data, application integration, and more.

Talend Open Studio is also known as Open Studio.

Talend Open Studio Buyer's Guide

Download the Talend Open Studio Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

Talend Open Studio Customers
Almerys, BF&M, Findus
Talend Open Studio Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Talend Open Studio pricing:
  • "Talend is free and you can download it."

Talend Open Studio Reviews

Elio-Bonazzi
Data Integration Specialist/CTO at Asset messages
Oct 23, 2020
A complete product with good integrations and excellent flexibility

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for integration. I consolidate data from several different databases and spreadsheets and merge systems into Amazon Redshift.

• "The solution has a good balance between automated items and the ability for a developer to integrate and extend what he needs. Other competing tools do not offer the same grade of flexibility when you need to go beyond what is provided by the tool. Talend, on the other hand, allows you to expand very easily."
  • "The server-side should be completely revamped."

What other advice do I have?

I am an IT Consultant. I use it currently in my job. I'm providing services to a company in Australia, using Talend. I would advise others to use the Studio. If you have to pay for some license to use the key parallelize component, it's a good idea to do it. However, don't use the TAC. Use the other orchestration services like Control-M or AWS functions such as AWS Lambda. Don't use the TAC. The TAC is really ugly. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher, however, the TAC is unreliable. It's a big part of the solution, and, while I do really appreciate Talend Studio…
Martin Stufi
CEO at Solutia, s.r.o.
Aug 1, 2019
A user-friendly, platform-independent solution for data integration and process automation

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for data integration, especially in our big data projects. For the past year, we have also been using Talend Open Studio for process automation. Some of the operations done by human beings are now automated. We also deliver this solution to our customers. Currently, all of the solutions that we deliver to our customers are on-premises.

• "A helpful feature for us is the integration with NoSQL databases."
  • "The price for Talend Data Integration should be less expensive."

What other advice do I have?

We are totally satisfied with this product. We have not found any problems. It is an open-source, platform-independent, and pretty stable. My only complaint is that the commercial version is very expensive. There are some limits, but the commercial version is unlimited. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Talend Open Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VasylMazur
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Jan 19, 2020
Presents an easy and understandable way to implement data quality features and ensures data quality

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for broader data synchronization, data storage, data transformation, data integration, and other data processing.

• "Talend Studio has the ability to use it to ensure data quality."
  • "The technical support and documentation need a lot of work to come up to standard."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this solution as an eight out of ten. To give the product a higher score they would have to improve several things. This would start with improving technical support. As far as advice that I have for people considering this solution, I think that this is a very good product which will be able to resolve most peoples' business needs. I recommend it for use depending on your business needs and situation.
Matej Špik
Senior System Administrator at a integrator with 51-200 employees
Aug 8, 2019
Useful took that's easy to use and has a good support community

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem model of this solution. Our primary use case is for connecting legacy applications. We fill a new ERP and we also fill some legacy applications which we can integrate directly in ERP so we use Open Studio for this integration.

• "We have contacted their technical support. They are great. They offer very professional help. If I need some technical answer, they are very professional. They are quick, professional, and very accurate."
  • "If I compare Open Studion to other solutions, their interface is robust but not so fancy looking. This is an area that could use improvement. I would like to see an updated interface."

What other advice do I have?

It's great software for someone who is starting in this area. It covers all the basics. You can work and you can learn from scratch. It's pretty easy to start and to create. It's pretty easy to start and to create an integration. I would rate it a ten out of ten. It's a lot easier to start. You can find a lot of information on the internet. It's a big community. They offer great solutions, which you can use with your use case. If there's a problem you can solve it yourself. With Talend Open Studio you can go to Google and you'll find a lot of different cases with similar problems. If you want…
Cnsultnt678
Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 13, 2019
A solution that offers good scalability and stability with a responsive technical support team

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution just to pull the data from the source to the landing zone. We are using the administrative console as well.

• "The initial setup was quite straightforward. The deployment took between two and three days."
  • "The profiling perspective needs improvement. Instead of using it in the studio, we are using a different tool which is also provided by Talend. It's redundant."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the AWS public cloud deployment model. I would recommend the product. As long as you follow the best practices you will get what you want out of it. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
reviewer802428
Senior BI Developer at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Dec 7, 2019
Comes with many connectors for different databases, but training videos would help a lot

What is our primary use case?

I use Open Studio for operational data in the telecom industry. We were working with the data, connecting or joining the tables between different data sources with a very large volume. We perform data preparation and transformation and then look deeper into the details.

• "The drag-and-drop feature in the interface is very good."
  • "Having additional training materials, such as a video tutorial, would be an improvement."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution but I would prefer it if it were easier to find information on how to use it, such as training videos. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Josep Navarro
Solution Principal at DXC
Jul 17, 2020
Easy to use, but the data management platform needs improvement and it needs better integrations

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for the solution depends on the customer, however, most likely in my case, the industry it would be under would be oil and gas.

• "The most interesting aspect of the solution for us is that Talend Open Studio has a good balance between the features and the cost of the data management platform."
  • "The solution should offer better integration with other products."

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership agreement with Talend. While I mostly use the on-prem deployment, for new opportunities, I'm beginning to move towards the cloud. I would recommend this solution. I don't have an opinion about Talend in a big data environment, however. For example, we've got an Azure kind of environment. I don't have a clear idea if it is the best choice for those particular situations. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If it had better integration to ensure it was up to a government's required quality levels, I'd give it higher marks.
Badrakh V
Information System Architect at Astvision
Jul 14, 2020
Straightforward to set up, stable, and the ETL tools are good

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

• "The most valuable features are the ETL tools."
  • "The user interface could be made simpler."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that I recommend it and they should try using it. It's not bad and if they know Java and it might be simple for them. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 8 more Talend Open Studio Reviews