Talend Open Studio Review

Straightforward to set up, stable, and the ETL tools are good

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ETL tools.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be made simpler.

If I am comparing to MuleSoft, there are several things that are easier, such as the integration, as well as any connection to the database, or other data source.

In the next release, I would like to see the same simplicity for many of the same functionalities.

I have been using Talend Open Studio for about one year.

The stability is good. My colleagues in Canada recommended the use of this product in banking systems because of the stability.

We have not been in contact with technical support. Any problems that we have had so far, we have been able to solve by searching with Google.

We did not use a similar solution prior to Talend Open Studio, although we are planning on switching to MuleSoft.

The initial setup is not complex. It takes approximately one week to deploy.

We have our own team for the maintenance of Talend Open Studio.

From the start, we were planning on using MuleSoft, but they don't sell to residents of Mongolia.

We used the MuleSoft community edition, and for me, it's better than Talend. In my opinion, Mule is more user-friendly and Talend can be complex.

Our backup plan was Talend.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that I recommend it and they should try using it. It's not bad and if they know Java and it might be simple for them.

More Talend Open Studio reviews from users