Talend Open Studio Review

Useful took that's easy to use and has a good support community

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem model of this solution. Our primary use case is for connecting legacy applications. We fill a new ERP and we also fill some legacy applications which we can integrate directly in ERP so we use Open Studio for this integration.

What is most valuable?

Open Studio is very good if you are a smaller company and you can have the budget to pay for integration. It's a useful tool that's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

If I compare Open Studion to other solutions, their interface is robust but not so fancy looking. This is an area that could use improvement. I would like to see an updated interface.

Open Studio doesn't have features that some of its competitors do like administrative tools.

It is stable. This is one portion of a solution, it's not the whole. Open Studio doesn't have the software that triggers the routine every time, a scheduler. We used an external scheduler, which was set so that it grabs the file when the files appear in a folder.

It's scalable because if you get to the point that you can't handle this small free software, you can have another software which is more expandable with more connectors and more functionalities. You can upgrade but you must pay. If you want to work in big data, you must use another software. Open Studio is for small use cases.

If you want to work on big data, if you want to work and analyze five or ten teradata then you need other software in this portfolio. It is scalable but you must change the software. You must upgrade this license and when you upgrade this license you get the support, you get more connectors, and you get additional functionalities.

One developer uses Open Studio. We are two users, another colleague and me.

We have contacted their technical support. They are great. They offer very professional help. If I need some technical answer, they are very professional. They are quick, professional, and very accurate.

I worked previously with Gentran Integration Suite, about five years ago. I switched to Open Studio because I switched firms.

It's a very easy integration. Not so complicated. You must use the application itself. Open Studio is free and is one small part of this portfolio which Talend offers in this portfolio.

It took two weeks to connect it but all of the preparations and everything took three months.

We deployed this solution in-house. The application was custom made for the company and this application was not compatible with the ERP.

Talend is free and you can download it.

What other advice do I have?

It's great software for someone who is starting in this area. It covers all the basics. You can work and you can learn from scratch. It's pretty easy to start and to create. It's pretty easy to start and to create an integration.

I would rate it a ten out of ten. It's a lot easier to start. You can find a lot of information on the internet. It's a big community. They offer great solutions, which you can use with your use case. If there's a problem you can solve it yourself. With Talend Open Studio you can go to Google and you'll find a lot of different cases with similar problems. If you want to create something, you can create it on your own. You don't need any big expert.