Talend Open Studio Review

A powerful ETL tool with a simple setup and great functionality

What is our primary use case?

We use Talend for the collection of data from many different sources. We use it mostly as a data integrator.

What is most valuable?

Talend as an ETL tool is very powerful. It allows for a lot of connections to any database source. The connectivity was one of the main reasons we started working with Talend.

It's easy and user-friendly. It has most of what I want as a technical or nontechnical. Anything I need, I can find it in Open Studio.

You can use Talend as a stand-alone application without customization to collect data and generate reports over dashboards. It's got great functionality.

What needs improvement?

There used to be many Youtube channels that offered Talend training, but now there don't seem to be any. The solution should offer more online training resources.

I've been using the solution for more than three years.

The solution is stable.

We have no problem with the scalability of the solution. We plan to increase usage in the future.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It doesn't take long to implement the solution. It depends on the size of your data but at most, it will take a few minutes if your workflow is small.

The pricing is okay. They could improve their pricing model, however.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

1 visitor found this review helpful