Thales SafeNet Trusted Access Review

Simple to use, easy to set up, and performs well

What is our primary use case?

We have used the solution for our disaster prevention. We are using it for our VPN only.

What is most valuable?

Right now, we only have a small use case for the product, however, it has performed well.

The initial setup is easy.

The solution is simple to use.

The product can scale.

What needs improvement?

I'm not saying that we want to switch the product, however, since the requirement has increased, we are looking at other options that may be better suited. The scalability may not there.

We have a few specific use cases where we have to avoid the cloud. Especially in Europe, we're not allowed to carry their phone in factories. We need some sort of secure access solution.

There's a dependency on Microsoft Azure. I am paying to SafeNet and in parallel, I also need to pay Microsoft to use the same service. That makes no sense, to pay double. If they could do something about it, that would be very good.

We have used the solution for one year at this point.

While the solution is scalable, we are using the solution in a very limited way, we want to be able to use some sort of solution for 20,000 people. This may not suit our needs. The scalability is an issue for us.

I've never dealt with technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are when it comes to troubleshooting. We do have our own team that can handle support as well.

We have found the initial setup to be quite straightforward. It's not too difficult.

Their list price is very high, and it's really very difficult to know the right price for such services.

Our requirements have drastically changed. Likely, we will need something that can handle a much bigger requirement. If we go to Gartner we see that Okta is sitting at number one and SafeNet, Thales, is sitting at the bottom. That's why we are actually comparing different products. As of now, we are using it only in India, however, now we are looking for something that will suit a global requirement.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user.

I'd recommend this solution. It's a good product. However, so is Okta.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We only use it in a limited fashion. I'm not sure how it would do on a larger scale and I want to better understand their pricing model and if what we are being charged now is fair.

Find out what your peers are saying about Thales Cloud Security, Microsoft, Okta and others in Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS). Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.