TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus Review

Excellent for standardizing integration layers and very stable with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a middleware for exposing APIs so that one app can talk to another in separate application via APIs.

What is most valuable?

There are so many valuable features on the solution, there's almost too many to list.

What needs improvement?

If TIBCO could be able to sort the size of their base image in the Container edition, it would be really marvelous. Right now it's around 299 MB. We'd really want it to reduce to a few MBs.

TIBCO needs to improve its monitoring capability to be able to make use of alerts and to be able to have an alert threshold. For example, if there is an API, if it encounters a given number of errors or long response times, it could send an alert to a configured list of users either via email or SMS.

The solution needs to have cloud integration. There should be continuous integration and continuous deployment of new features.

We've been using the solution for six years.

The solution is very stable.

I believe the solution is scalable. With the Container edition, even with the non-containerized edition, depending on your architecture, and how you write your code, it's very scalable.

Currently, we have about 10 users as a support team. TIBCO is an integration layer, not really a place where users can log on and do transactions or approvals. It's not the type of technology that has a large user base.

We do plan to increase usage in the future. There are so many new integration use cases that we want to use on TIBCO.

The technical support offered by TIBCO is perfect. I don't think we have faced any issues when dealing with TIBCO support. Each time we raise a ticket and put the correct classification, they normally respond by SMS. We've been satisfied with the level of support we've received.

In the past, we tried using Oracle OSB. I don't think we'll go back and use them again. TIBCO has proven to be far superior. We didn't switch to TIBCO. What we wanted to do is to explore what Oracle had to offer. We later realized that the capabilities that TIBCO had were far, far superior to what Oracle was able to offer so we chose TIBCO instead.

The initial setup was very straightforward. There was no complexity in the implementation. Deployment takes a maximum of one to two weeks.

The last time we implemented the solution, we were installing certain components and adding in hot fixes.

What other advice do I have?

We're users as well as consultants of the product.

Although we currently use the on-premises deployment model, right now, we are also exploring the possibility of having the service deployed in some hybrid form of the cloud. That's still on a theoretical basis. Nothing substantive has been done yet.

I would recommend the solution to any other organization which is interested in standardizing their integration layer. To me, this solution has really served the requirements we had with respect to enterprise integration.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus reviews from users