TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus Overview

TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) tools. It is most often compared to Mule ESB: TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus vs Mule ESB

What is TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus?
TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus is a platform for developing, deploying, and managing applications that conform to a service-oriented architecture. TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus is a lightweight enterprise service bus that helps organizations bridge the mediation gap in their SOA infrastructure. It reduces complexity and increases flexibility and reuse by replacing hard-coded service dependencies with configuration, and can be used to onboard services from a third-party environment or a TIBCO-based infrastructure. TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus provides service mediation capabilities to the TIBCO ActiveMatrix SOA platform. Service mediation allows you to adapt to changing requirements for developing mediation flows.

TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus is also known as ActiveMatrix Service Bus.

TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus Buyer's Guide

Download the TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus Customers
Colonial Life, CTBC Bank, New World Mobility, QUALCOMM, Swisscom Mobile, T-Mobile USA, Tata Teleservices, Telecom Italia
TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus pricing:
  • "The price is on the higher side. For the same price, if I go to the previous version, I would have got a lot more capacity with similar kinds of features."
  • "The licensing cost is a challenge for quite a few customers."
  • "Its licensing cost is considerably high as compared to other ESBs."

MarioGuerrero
CEO - Director General at Megapractical
Easy to use, performs well, and it's the best platform in terms of speed

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to provide our customers with a faster way to get their data and to connect information between different environments, especially with corporate companies that have different branches in different parts of the country. They need to receive and share information as quickly as possible between the different environments. This is the main way that we identify, in a fast way, to connect with different platforms. It's a platform of interconnectivity that we provide to our clients with this solution. We are specialized in installation and deployment using… more »

• "TIBCO has the platform in terms of speed and ease of use."
  • "In the next release, there should be improvements made to the API manager."

What other advice do I have?

In Latin America, there is a lot of immature environments in terms of connectivity or service-oriented architecture. The wave of technology or the wave of the transformation came from the US and other first-rate countries. Latin Americans adopted technologies. It's not easy to deploy this type of technology quickly. The first challenge is with the consultant and in making the sale by explaining what exactly is the value that you would be getting by staying in a real service-oriented architectural environment. The second is that the corporate companies grow in a Catharsis because the growth of…
AK
Senior Manager Enterprise Integration and Order Management at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Excellent for standardizing integration layers and very stable with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a middleware for exposing APIs so that one app can talk to another in separate application via APIs.

• "The solution is very stable."
  • "If TIBCO could be able to sort the size of their base image in the Container edition, it would be really marvelous. Right now it's around 299 MB. We'd really want it to reduce to a few MBs."

What other advice do I have?

We're users as well as consultants of the product. Although we currently use the on-premises deployment model, right now, we are also exploring the possibility of having the service deployed in some hybrid form of the cloud. That's still on a theoretical basis. Nothing substantive has been done yet. I would recommend the solution to any other organization which is interested in standardizing their integration layer. To me, this solution has really served the requirements we had with respect to enterprise integration. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mir Abul Ula Ali Khan
Middleware and Enterprise Integration Head at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Build and easily deploy APIs within a few hours

What is our primary use case?

I started with IntegrationManager, and I've seen TIBCO ESB grow from nothing to one of the top leaders in the ESB industry. I head the whole ESB team, the pool of developers, production, support team, enhancement whole all use TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus.

• "The most attractive and beneficial feature is the ease of development."
  • "The stability of their latest version is not on par with their classic version 5.X."

What other advice do I have?

ESB is the middle component that connects to multiple systems. ESB works hand-in-hand with the API gateway, with your data leak projects, or with your streaming. If your requirement is purely from an ESB perspective, I think TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus is still the market leader, and you can go with them. I would giveTIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus an eight out of ten.
Vijay Bablani
Integration Architect at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
A high-performance solution that is user-friendly, reliable, and easy to maintain

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for: * Enterprise Service Bus * Enterprise Application Integration * Application to Application Integration * Business to Business Integration * Cloud Integration * Service-Oriented Architecture * API * SOAP web services * JMS messaging * Adapters (SAP, ADB, File, etc.) related implementations and integrations

• "The most valuable features are the monitoring, ease of use, and easy to understand development GUI."
  • "Migration to cloud solutions or products should be made convenient, transparent, and easily understandable."

What other advice do I have?

Featurewise, overall, the Tibco product stack addresses most needs.
Prasanna Badam
Senior Manager at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to develop and has a wide range of features and high performance, but needs better pricing and better stability for our version

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for integrating our enterprise applications and core systems with the front-end systems. The version that we are using is neither the latest one nor the oldest one. It can be deployed on the cloud and on-premises.

• "It is easy to develop. It has a very wide range of features. The older versions are very stable, and there are no issues with the product."
  • "The intermediate version that we are using has stability issues. These stability issues should be resolved, but it seems like TIBCO is not focusing on resolving these issues. The resolution timelines are quite high even for high-priority incidents. Its price should be lower. Its licensing cost is considerably high as compared to other ESBs."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution, but it also depends on a specific use case. If you can afford it and you are looking for a high-standard and high-performing solution for your use case with excellent support, you should go for it. I would rate TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus a seven out of ten.
HM
Technical Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
A service-oriented platform that is both stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

There are a number of applications including use cases from the health industry, including health human services.

• "The most valuable feature is that it is a service-oriented architecture, SOA-based."
  • "Our version does not have cloud capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good platform but in our case, it needs to be updated. The future is on the cloud, the future is containerized, the future is Agile development, and our version is incapable of any of this. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.