TIBCO Jaspersoft Review

Some of the valuable features are flexible report scheduling and common JRXML templates for parameterized reporting.

What is most valuable?

• PostgreSQL support
  • Saving reports in PDF, XLS(X), HTML formats
  • The automatic sending of reports by e-mail (The HTML report can be shown inline, not just via an attachment.)
  • Flexible report scheduling
  • Common JRXML templates for parameterized reporting
  • The possibility to export reports to the file system
  • The user-friendly interface
  • Scriptable reports with the use of variables, parameters, and fields

How has it helped my organization?

• Business processes automation
  • Provides higher efficiency
  • Minimizes human error

What needs improvement?

The following aspects need to improve:

• The possibility to display all report schedules in one place
  • The out-of-the box possibility to integrate with independent installation of PostgreSQL for the JasperReports server
  • Better process control (such as start, stop, restart without failures between various components, etc.)
  • A more straightforward/user-friendly migration of reports between various versions of the JasperReports server

I have used this solution for around four years.

There were rarely any stability issues.

We did not experience any scalability issues as of yet.

It is a good forum.

We were not using any other solution. We were doing things more manually. Jaspersoft was our first try.

The setup was average. Some special features were hard to figure out and configure, such as the Slovak local reports.

We are happy with the free, open source version.

In 2012, there were some other options that we looked into, but just theoretically.

What other advice do I have?

The migration between versions could be hard. It is okay to have multi-version environments, but just be aware of it.