What is most valuable?
- PostgreSQL support
- Saving reports in PDF, XLS(X), HTML formats
- The automatic sending of reports by e-mail (The HTML report can be shown inline, not just via an attachment.)
- Flexible report scheduling
- Common JRXML templates for parameterized reporting
- The possibility to export reports to the file system
- The user-friendly interface
- Scriptable reports with the use of variables, parameters, and fields
How has it helped my organization?
- Business processes automation
- Provides higher efficiency
- Minimizes human error
What needs improvement?
The following aspects need to improve:
- The possibility to display all report schedules in one place
- The out-of-the box possibility to integrate with independent installation of PostgreSQL for the JasperReports server
- Better process control (such as start, stop, restart without failures between various components, etc.)
- A more straightforward/user-friendly migration of reports between various versions of the JasperReports server
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used this solution for around four years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
There were rarely any stability issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We did not experience any scalability issues as of yet.
How are customer service and technical support?
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We were not using any other solution. We were doing things more manually. Jaspersoft was our first try.
How was the initial setup?
The setup was average. Some special features were hard to figure out and configure, such as the Slovak local reports.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
We are happy with the free, open source version.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
In 2012, there were some other options that we looked into, but just theoretically.
What other advice do I have?
The migration between versions could be hard. It is okay to have multi-version environments, but just be aware of it.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, SAP, Knowage and others in Reporting Tools. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.