TIBCO Jaspersoft Review

​The reporting and charting features are valuable. Implementation of subreports is not straightforward enough.

What is most valuable?

• The reporting and charting features: I have worked with other reporting tools and I find this tool is easier and faster to work with while creating charts.
  • Easy editing options.

How has it helped my organization?

I have used this technology to implement a reporting module for my client. This tool has helped my client to track the data more easily.

What needs improvement?

Implementing of subreports is such a pain. This functionality could be made faster.

The concept of subreports is to easily embed an existing report in a new report. This may sound simple but implementing it is such a pain. It took me hours to get it right. It is just not straightforward enough.

while I add a report, I just drag drop the icon and establish a connection with the database and it is ready. But sub report is not the case. It should have been just a drag drop and it should act as an individual report on its own only. It takes a long time to give some connections and there is no much documentation available on the same either.

I have used this solution for about a year.

I did not encounter any stability issues.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

On a scale of 1-5, I would rate it a 2 because the technical team never had any proper documentation or guidance for any of my issues. No online help is available either.

We did not previously use anything else.

The initial setup was easy.

It would be good to go with Jaspersoft Studio.

What other advice do I have?

Write down the project requirements and compare it with all that this product can do. Then, decide wisely based on all the options available.