Tibcosoftware

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review
The most valuable features are the setup of layers and row-level security.

Valuable Features:

For the Jaspersoft Server:

• The portal and the management of users
  • Sub-administrators along with template reports
  • Authorizations and row-level security
  • The setup of layers
  • Overall flexibility

For Jasper Reports:

• It is equal in value to Crystal Reports
  • Very good pixel-perfect reporting

Improvements to My Organization:

It was very easy to setup a report for more than 30 countries in which they could only see their own data. It was easy to give each country their own sub-administrator who handles their own users.

Room for Improvement:

The user interface of Jaspersoft server is not appealing and should get a sparkling makeover.

Use of Solution:

I have been using the product for over a year.

Stability Issues:

We have not encountered any stability issues with the Jaspersoft server.

Scalability Issues:

We had an issue with scalability. That was because of the burst of data we had and too few instances of the server on AWS.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10. I called a rep and he made a special fix for our project on the fly within a few days, as I recall. I didn't put any pressure on him.

Previous Solutions:

We were going to the AWS cloud. Jaspersoft was the only tool which understood the licensing part of the cloud. The easy handling of the row-level security made me decide to choose it.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was easy as we used the AMI from the AWS Marketplace. Later on, it became more difficult as we were using load balancers and https.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Although starting is easy, when you go for production sizing, you have to be prepared to pay quite a bit. You can lower it by preparing your datastore/database in a good way.

Other Solutions Considered:

We looked at QlikView, Tableau, Pentaho, and SpagoBI.

Other Advice:

Take some time to check out all the functionalities, especially the portal and row-level security. You can test it really well with the pay per hour option.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About TIBCO Jaspersoft?

Our experts can help. 214,659 professionals have used our research on 5,590 solutions.