Ubiquiti UniFi Switches Review

Reasonably-priced, reliable, and relatively maintenance-free

What is most valuable?

It's been working fine, it's been stable, and there are no interruptions. It's been there doing its job and has not required any work to keep alive, so that's been positive.

What needs improvement?

I had some initial problems with the configuration that necessitated contacting technical support.

I have been working with Ubiquiti UniFi Switches for five years.

I have not scaled since the initial setup but it seems to be fine. I think that includes what you need to scale it.

I don't fully remember my experience with them, but I think that it was relatively good.

My initial setup needed some kind of reconfiguration to work, which is why it took some time to get it set up and running. The support was deferred, and I'm not sure if it was related to the skills of the technical support people. Overall, I would say that it's fair.

I have experience with NETGEAR products as well.

The initial setup is a little complex. I can't recall exactly how it was or what happened, but I contacted technical support and we tried some different configurations. On that level, it was not very easy.

The price is reasonable.

I am currently looking for a new solution and am looking at NETGEAR as well as Ubiquiti, but there is nothing that has been decided yet. One of the things that I've been looking at is the combined switch and firewall in one. From the reviews I have read, it seems like people have had initial issues with it that dwell on the configuration.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is looking into implementing this product is to go ahead and buy it. This is a good switch; the functionality is there and the design is nice too. I think that it's a good buy.

So far, this product has had what we've needed. Even though I'm an engineer, I have not done a deep dive into this switch. As such, I haven't paid so much attention to it or the initial setup, so I'm not sure that if I am missing anything or not.

Other than the configuration problems, I haven't had any issues.

More Ubiquiti UniFi Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti UniFi Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.