Ubiquiti UniFi Switches Review

Good pricing, good user interface, and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to enhance the availability of power on our network. It's also used to speed up the traffic.

What is most valuable?

The interface and the duality are the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Some of the features needed to set up the solution are too complex. There's a lot of technical information that is required.

The solution could use a central console to manage all devices.

I've been using the solution for about one year.

The solution is stable. Up until now, we haven't experienced any issues.

The solution is scalable. If you are comparing it with some other brands in terms of scalability, I would say it performs the same.

We haven't had a reason to contact technical support yet.

We were using Cisco switches previously. We have a mixed environment, so we have various routing switches in use.

The difficulty of the initial setup depends on what purpose the solution has or how you want to set up the switch. If you limit it to the basic functionality, then the initial set up is quite simple. If you want to have something more advanced on the switch, then it's a bit tricky. Our team deployed the solution in about five days. You only need one person for deployment and maintenance.

In comparison with other brands, there isn't too much difference in the pricing. They're all pretty similar.

We did evaluate other options. Mostly, we were looking at pricing, which is why we chose this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would recommend implementing this solution because it's quite easy. The brand seems to be a bit unknown in the Romanian market because there is not so much advertising for it. Other brands like Cisco or Hubbard are often more common and suggested by local vendors.

I'd rate it eight out of ten.