Ubiquiti Wireless Review

Simple management, good connectivity between access points, and pretty scalable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for wireless office or home networks.

What is most valuable?

In general, I like the solution very much. The solution has simple management. It's easy to use.

The ability to walk between access points without losing the network is very useful.

Wireless options are pretty easy to buy in Ukraine.

Their hardware is very good.

The company is always innovating on the product. They are continuously working to make it better.

What needs improvement?

In Ukraine at least, it's a problem when it comes to buying the hardware. For example, I made a request for 20 switches a few months ago. The solution needs to have worldwide availability.

I want to get more experienced with switching hardware, however, I need more documentation in order to understand it.

I don't know why they don't sell it like hardware for data centers. For example, I have a Juniper switch which costs $3,000. There's a similar Juniper switch-like item with the same characteristics and it costs $7,700. Marketing shows that it's only for offices and other stuff. For home, for office, but not for the data center. I don't know why.

I've been using the solution for three or four years.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze or anything like that. It's good.

The scalability is quite good. If a company needs to expand out the solution they can do so easily.

We have a little less than 50 users on the solution.

We do plan to continue to use the product and may increase usage in the future.

We've found that their online resources are excellent. We've found every answer we needed online, therefore, we've never had to call them up directly.

We did use another solution before this product. It was cheap. However, it was a long time ago, and I can't recall the name of the solution. We switched due to the fact that we were looking to simplify the host management. This solution offered very simple management. That's why we're looking to switch from Juniper to Ubiquiti in our data center. We spend less time managing our hardware.

However, at this point, we aren't able to buy the hardware we need in our country.

The initial setup is not complex. The implementation was very straightforward and simple.

In terms of deployment, a wireless setup takes about 15 minutes or so. It's pretty fast.

In terms of maintenance, you only need one admin person to handle it.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need the assistance of any integrators or consultants.

What other advice do I have?

We're pretty big users. We have a 1,000 server center.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

We use a hardware deployment with UDM pro or Cloud Key.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations.

Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten, simply due to a few problems we have obtaining the hardware.

More Ubiquiti Wireless reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless WAN
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.