Ubiquiti Wireless Review

Good range and relatively easy to install, but stability can be problematic at times

What is our primary use case?

We have offices scattered around the building and some of them may be used for phoning in to access conference calls. Also, when someone comes in with a laptop, they can be wirelessly connected to our network. This is easier than using a wired connection.

What is most valuable?

The range is usually pretty good, which is the most important thing to use because more or less, all wireless access points are the same.

What needs improvement?

The stability can be problematic but in general, it is okay.

Better security is important because we need to have some degree of control over who is connected and how we can restrict the level of connectivity. We have been catching people who are abusing their access.

Extending the ranger further would be even better for us.

We have been using Ubiquiti Wireless for between five and ten years.

It is not always stable, unfortunately.

In my office, we have approximately 100 people using wireless. Not all of them are using the service at the same time.

We have not been in contact with technical support. Rather, we rely on ourselves.

It takes between a few minutes and an hour to install an access point.

We have a technical team of trained people, in-house, for deployment and maintenance. We are a public institution, so we don't always have the best technicians due to salary issues. But, if we were to consider the technical aspect then I'd say that we need to strengthen our skills.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Ubiquiti Wireless reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless WAN
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.