Ubiquiti Wireless Review

Provides reliable and stable connectivity, comes with a free controller to check device connections, and offers enterprise features at a cheap price

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for our office network.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps the employees in doing more work. While moving from one place to another, especially for the meetings, it is really important to have a reliable and stable internet connection. Ubiquiti gives them a comfortable feeling while working in the office.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that you can set it up like a wireless connection. Previously, we used to connect from one SSID to another. When we started using Ubiquiti, everyone was so happy because even if they moved from one place or another, say from the pantry to a meeting room, they didn't need to connect manually to another SSID. This is one of the features that I really like about it. It is doing a great job.

It offers a free controller that you can use to see if the devices are connected or not and if they are up or down.

What needs improvement?

There should be an easier way to contact the support. If we need to do something on it, it will be easier and faster if there is a support number to call. Currently, their support is mostly through email or chat. If there is a hotline that you can call directly, that would be good. It will really help a lot. They should also include more after-sales support.

They can maybe also provide more details on what's happening with the network.

I have been using this solution since 2013. That's roughly eight years.

It is really stable. We've been using it for the past eight years, and so far, everyone is loving it. We have no complaints. Now, all our offices use Ubiquiti, which proves how stable it is.

It is pretty scalable. It is easy to scale. Whenever we need more access points, it is easy to set it up.

We have roughly 200 users with mixed roles. We have engineering, finance, HR, customer service, and CEO. In terms of increasing its usage, we just upgraded last year. We are in a good position right now. If our company expands, we might add or upgrade our network.

Currently, their support is mostly through email or chat. It would be good and helpful if there is a hotline that you can call directly. They should have direct contact numbers just like other enterprise companies. For example, Cisco provides a dedicated person with whom you can speak.

It is pretty straightforward. Even non-technical people can set it up by following the videos on YouTube.

I like the fact that it offers enterprise features at a cheap price. If you compare it with Cisco, it has most of the features that Cisco has been offering but at a lesser price. I am satisfied with its price.

We did evaluate other products. One of the reasons why we chose Ubiquiti was its pricing and licensing. For other enterprise brands, you need to pay on a yearly basis. The controller has a cost as well. With Ubiquiti, we got enterprise features for a cheaper price. It was more than enough.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. You can never go wrong with Ubiquiti because it is already proven and tested, and there is no need to do POC on it.

I would rate Ubiquiti Wireless a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
More Ubiquiti Wireless reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless WAN
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.