Ubiquiti Wireless Review

Priced well, centralized management, and quality monitoring

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to connect our buildings and stations together.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable features to be the ability to use the main centralized administration process and the internet.

What needs improvement?

We use different models of the solution but in some cases, the security could improve in the adaptive portal, be a little more robust, and easier to use.

I have been using the solution for approximately 10 years.

One of the best features is that the solution sends you constant alarms when you have problems with the service organization. It is stable but could improve.

The scalability of the solution is good. Our clients are typically medium-size businesses. Our clients frequently tell us to install Aruba from HP, Cisco, or Juniper. They see this solution as best suited for small enterprises. We have to explain to them Ubiquiti is working on the security and stability of their wireless network.

Technical support is very poor, this is an area needing improvement. It is difficult to find someone qualified here in Latin America to have an answer to our problems. It can take up to three days for someone to come with a possible solution. We end up browsing the internet for solutions to our problems rather than waiting for support.

The installation was not easy. The documentation was not straightforward and they were not complete. They need to improve on this. We had to navigate the internet to find solutions to many of our issues. There was not one place we could have all the information needed for the installation to go smoothly. The deployment took approximately three days.

We do the implementation of the solution. We use one technician and an engineer to do the maintenance and deployment of the solution. The typical time it takes is approximately one day to make an analysis of the information, find security risks, and make a solution.

This solution is cheaper compared to others.

Our clients have evaluated HP and Cisco solutions. They are really expensive. We have to find a solution that has a certain level of quality, that can monitor well, and has good security, this solution matches those needs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. However, they need to work on support services.

I rate Ubiquiti Wireless an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
More Ubiquiti Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless WAN
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.