Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Review

A critical system either performs impeccably or it is a failure. This impeccable product is a success.

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers for Veeam Agent and more people are buying it for Microsoft Windows. They are buying Veeam Agent for Windows as a solution for allowing and maximizing the performance of Veeam for Windows and they are also buying Veeam as a product. These agents are very popular. We sell Veeam Agent to 50% of the Windows customers looking for a backup and recovery system and we sell other products to the other 50%.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of Veeam from my perspective is the product's ease-of-use.

What needs improvement?

I do not think that I can be specific about certain things that Veeam needs to do to improve. They just need to continue the development to follow trends in the industry, the development of the Microsoft operating system, and incorporate new functionalities into the Veeam Agent to keep the product competitive in the market.

The situation with the Veeam Agent for Windows is pretty much the same as for the Veeam Agent for Linux. Agents use the functionality of the operating systems to keep a record of the platform in a stable state. They make a snapshot of the operating system and then can release or replace the state of the operating system to a stable state from the snapshot if it becomes unstable.

The difference in the products is just the need to follow the requirements of the OS version where it is deployed.

We have been selling Veeam for a long time so I do not know exactly, but it is about seven or eight years.

The product has to be stable to be functional and useful. It is functional and useful so it is stable.

The initial setup of Veeam Agent for Windows is as straightforward as with Veeam Agent for Linux. Both are fairly easy to set up and it does not take a long time. The deployment engine is essentially the same with both Linux and Windows.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows as either a zero or a ten. The product is either working or it is not working. When it is not working, it is not doing its job and it is a zero. All the other times when it is working, it is a ten.

It is black or white. It is very simple to rate. It is a ten virtually all of the time because it is working.

More Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.