Visual Paradigm Review

I’ve used Visual Paradigm 8.0, and if I remember correctly, the Suite 4.0 from Object Management Group (OMG). The program or suite felt complex at first, but once you dive in, you feel there’s a lot of things you can achieve for your UML documents.

In addition, the integration with Java helped us to produce UML from coding, and the reverse as well, so one part of the team could work as Architect of the solution, while the other part could work as Developers.

Among our different projects, we had to model the processes of the warehouse and stockrooms for a retailer store – like Target. The BP Visual Architect and the DFD were used to that end. The program allows us to save our work in many available formats, like *.jpg our *.ping.

I would recommend using Visual Paradigm for the following reasons:
· Supporting many types of diagrams
· Support of the Business Process Modeling
· Ease of translating between UML and programming language
· Ease of work in teams.

I would suggest the shortening and/or hiding some of the information when working on Visual Paradigm, especially when translating from code to UML. Some of the classes we create in Java may contain a lot of methods and variables. I feel we do not need to see all the available methods on the image itself, but should be made accessible when drawing a link between said class to another one (for example the class Car calling the class Wheel with a specific UML relationship). Paradigm, especially when translating from code to UML. Some of the classes we create in Java may contain a lot of methods and variables. I feel we do not need to see all the available methods on the image itself, but should be made accessible when drawing a link between said class to another one (for example, the class Car calling the class Wheel with a specific UML relationship).

I don't quite remember if could change the color of the class in the UML, because although blue is among my favorite colors, I would maybe change it for something lighter or different color altogether.

As integration goes, the Suite works wonders when you bounce from coding to document redaction (producing the sets needed of UML), because you just need to translate from one to another, given your programs of coding allows it, like Eclipse does.

If I were to work with another product that still offer great UML capabilities, it might be time consuming when working in both worlds.

Also, I feel there's a greater cooperation in the team when everyone can work with the same set of tools.

8.0
More Visual Paradigm reviews from users
...who compared it with Visio
Find out what your peers are saying about Visual Paradigm, Sparx Systems, Microsoft and others in Business Process Design. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.