VMware AirWatch Review

Enables us to push security policies at the device level

What is our primary use case?

We use it for handheld devices that have been corporately issued. They can include recognized devices whether they are connected to inventory, sales, or route delivery.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit is that it helps our remote connections be as secure as possible. Also, being able to issue mobile devices increases productivity.

What is most valuable?

• Antivirus
  • The ability to push security policies down to the device

I think the stability is adequate, but I don't know for certain because we haven't actually stress tested it.

In terms of scalability, it has served our purposes, but I don't know if we go larger enterprise if it would be as satisfactory.

Our licensing is coming up, so we want to make sure that we either renew our current license or we go in another direction.

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor include reliability, the ease of obtaining technical support, and responsiveness. And of course, price.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it at seven out of 10 because it doesn't fit perfectly into our framework.

My advice would be, look for the right sizing and the right use cases. It may be that the solution we're using is perfect for another vertical.