VMware Workspace ONE Overview

VMware Workspace ONE is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Intune: VMware Workspace ONE vs Microsoft Intune

What is VMware Workspace ONE?

Workspace ONE is a digital workspace platform that simply and securely delivers and manages any app on any device by integrating access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management. It is available as a cloud service or for on-premises deployment.

VMware Workspace ONE is also known as VMware AirWatch.

VMware Workspace ONE Buyer's Guide

Download the VMware Workspace ONE Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

VMware Workspace ONE Customers
Australian Sports Commission, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust, Lomond School, Merck, United Bank, Medical College of Wisconsin, Latymer Upper School, 2gether NHS Foundation Trust, Dowling Aaron Inc., Trillium Lakelands District School Board, Harrogate Grammar School, Duke University Football, Delta Air Lines, Adventist Health System, Giochi Preziosi, Cramlington Learning Village, Intermountain Healthcare, Safexpress, TAG Aviation
VMware Workspace ONE Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about VMware Workspace ONE pricing:
  • "If you purchase it for one year, it is very expensive. If you get it for three years or up to five years, then you can bargain a better price."
  • "If you have a host of custom requirements (including licensing), make sure to set aside enough time for the initial setup because it can take up to a few weeks depending on how complex your environment is."
  • "There is a separate cost for technical support and extra premium features. The pricing should be simplified."
  • "The cost is a little bit high."
  • "VMware Workspace ONE is not cheap; it's quite expensive. However, in the end, they gave us a reasonable price."
  • "Its pricing was okay for our company."

VMware Workspace ONE Reviews

reviewer1485375
Technical Specialist at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Jan 16, 2021
Stable and scales well but needs better training

What is our primary use case?

This solution is primarily used for mobility services. The solution has been mainly used for multiple platforms, including Android, Linux-based services, Windows, and MacBooks. If you want to access your organization data from anywhere, from any device, you do it via this solution.

• "We've found the solution to be easy to use."
  • "Technical support needs to be more responsive to our requests."

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of the solution. I'm not a client. I'm an architect of Workspace ONE. I implement the solution for clients, so I don't use it directly per se. I implement all deployment models, both cloud and on-premises. I'd recommend the solution to other companies. Overall, I've been pretty satisfied with the solution. I would rate it at a seven out of ten. It has all of the features I need. We just need to be better informed when there are new features or changes.
reviewer829068
Server Administrator Coordinator at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
Mar 28, 2019
Enables us to manage all of the devices on our campus through one central service

What is our primary use case?

We are a large school managing Mac devices on all levels. We manage the iPads, push education through the iPads, and AirWatch works great. We use it to do a lot of tasks for the school work - manage teachers devices, student devices, and lab computer devices.

• "We used to have a system before, Mac OS Open Directory server and this open directory became obsolete because Apple decided to stop the enterprise market, so there was no other alternative for us to use. We chose this to replace the open directory and we found that it has many more features than the previous solution. We totally rely on it right now to manage all the devices on campus."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. They need to make it so that you can add more tools to work so that it can cover all of the management tools that you need to manage all of the devices. I highly recommend AirWatch because it covers the compatibility issue. For an organization like us, we have the same platform and want to manage multiple devices, and it is the best solution for us right now.
    Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
    464,369 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    reviewer917859
    Head Of Information Security at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Sep 18, 2020
    Good policy-driven control and visibility, straightforward to set up, and the support is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product for BYOD and mobility management.

• "The most valuable feature is policy-driven control of the devices."
    • "When it comes to deployment and maintaining security, there should be an integrated console where you have a singular view of all of the products from the same OEM."

What other advice do I have?

Workspace One is a product that I strongly recommend. They are the leader in the category and it's a wonderful product. My advice for anybody who is implementing it is to focus on what they need to achieve in the organization and build a strategy for that. This is what the relationship with the product should be based on. My approach was to integrate my existing solution with the new one that was under procurement, and it was a good fit that met my requirements. I would suggest this strategy for any new product that is being on-boarded. For somebody using the cloud version, with reduced…
    Jijo_Joseph
    Manager Workplace Product at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Jan 14, 2021
    Streamlines employee management and supports many different operating systems

What is our primary use case?

I have used VMware Workspace ONE to manage and support the applications and operating systems (including Windows) used by staff in environments with all different kinds of requirements.

• "The feature with the highest rating for me is its employee management. I can also praise how versatile it is in terms of operating systems. It has good support for multiple operating systems and can easily manage them all. Not just that, but it can also support any kind of tool that can be run on all these operating systems."
    • "From an identity perspective, there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to integration with other solutions. I would say it needs more capabilities in terms of direct integrations, including cloud identity solution integrations."

What other advice do I have?

I can surely recommend VMware Workspace ONE to others. I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a nine out of ten.
    reviewer1239447
    GM COE at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Sep 9, 2020
    A very good product that is easy to deploy, manage, and maintain

• "Cloud-based VMware Workspace ONE is very good. It is easy to deploy and manage. Maintenance is also quite simple."
    • "Pricing is the only challenge right now. The licensing fee should be simplified a little bit. They have kept too many products as add ons. These need to be bundled with the low-cost, standard version. This will help customers in adopting this technology at a faster pace."

What other advice do I have?

We are the first master service in India. We are a service partner, and we are deploying this solution for our customers. A few deployments are on-premises, and a few are on the cloud. Cloud deployment is simple, but from the security point of view, few banks want to deploy it on-premises. I absolutely recommend VMware Workspace ONE. It's a very good product. They should keep improving the pricing and innovation of the product. Otherwise, the customer will not be convinced about the cost. That's the only problem. India is very cost-sensitive. Everyone wants everything free in India, which is a…
    reviewer1374759
    IT Professional at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
    Oct 7, 2020
    A stable product and the interface for SCAP is good

What is our primary use case?

We use Workspace ONE with our shared devices.

• "The most valuable feature is the interface with SCAP, which is the Security Content Automation Protocol."
    • "The reverse proxy is not intuitive and it takes time to get it right, so this is something that can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

As we have just begun using this product, we are still comparing some of the features that it has. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
    reviewer829068
    Dec 31, 2020
    A simple and secure enterprise platform that delivers and manages apps

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use VMware Workspace ONE for managing Macs and iOS devices.

• "VMware Workspace ONE has been stable so far."
    • "It's not accurate enough when it comes to sending items to end-users."

What other advice do I have?

If you have Mac or SNIS devices, it works fine and the price will be reasonable. If you have a lot of money to invest, there are better options out there. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give VMware Workspace ONE a rating of eight. There should be more powerful features available for Mac, like what GEMS has already introduced — especially in regards to the level of system updates, and software updates. It should be easier to manage things, especially for Mac. If they improved this, I would give them a higher rating.
    reviewer1492434
    SAP BASIS Technical Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Feb 21, 2021
    A scalable, stable, and easy-to-deploy solution that gives us the ability to control mobiles remotely

What is our primary use case?

We use it for managing mobiles at a very elementary level. Basically, we want to control mobiles and allow a limited number of apps.

• "It is like any other mobile solution. It gives us the ability to control remotely, and that is what we like. We can wipe out and deploy remotely."
    • "They do have a good integration, but there is a long way to go as far as integration is concerned. They need to integrate with the cloud solutions a little bit more. We are looking for Azure integration."

What other advice do I have?

I don't have any experience with other similar solutions, so I can't compare it with others. We decided to go with it and stick with it. It served the purpose in my previous organization. It is also serving the purpose in this organization. It is pretty good. VMware is one of the leaders. I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a nine out of ten.
    See 6 more VMware Workspace ONE Reviews