VMware AirWatch Review

If an outside person tries to track or hack information, it is not possible without us being notified

What is our primary use case?

We use it against security breaches. We have a lot of corporate information, which is highly confidential. We don't want that information to be leaked. We have AirWatch to avoid allowing everybody access to all the information and using it. Once an employee's device is enrolled, everything is under security, so there won't be any opportunities for security breaches.

How has it helped my organization?

We are sending emails from one person to another person in the same domain. This falls under security. We need there to be no security breaches, when we are sending emails which are confidential. There can be no points of leakage. If an outside person tries to track or hack information, it is not possible without us being notified.

What is most valuable?

1. Application management: Apply application to users via a catalog or app store.
  2. Content management: Attachments, documents, PDFs, etc. and emails should be encrypted.
  3. Device management: Basic troubleshooting.
  4. Email management: Avoid email hacks.

What needs improvement?

The console comes bunched together as a package and inbuilt. Its called Workspace ONE. Whenever we have an issue, we contact the service provider, and instead of a fix, we are just getting the next version of Workspace ONE.

It is stable.