WatchGuard Firebox Review

We set it up and it's been running since then without issues and with good throughput

What is our primary use case?

We just use it as a secondary WiFi device. We're a small office and we needed to set up a WiFi device for a few of our employees.

How has it helped my organization?

The way it saves me time is that there is no maintenance. Once we set it up, there's nothing else for us to do on a regular basis. It might be saving me about an hour a month.

What is most valuable?

• It has a good signal.
  • We haven't had any security issues.
  • The usability has been good. We haven't had any problems with it.
  • The performance has been good. We haven't had any issues with the performance.

We have been using WatchGuard Firebox for about two years.

We haven't had any issues with it. We set it up and it's been running since we set it up.

We don't have any plans to increase usage. It just services our one office, with eight users.

We have not had to use their technical support.

We did not have a wireless solution before Firebox. The main reason we went with it was the security protocols. They were more robust on this device.

The setup was easy enough. It was more or less plug-and-play. There weren't a lot of settings that we had to run through. The setup wasn't that complicated. It took about two hours and there was just one person involved.

The addition of the WiFi saves us from usage of our data plan. We have had some cost savings there.

The pricing was in line with everyone else; maybe slightly higher. That's why it's not a 10 out of 10.

XTM 26
More WatchGuard Firebox reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Juniper NetScreen [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about WatchGuard Firebox. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.