Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Overview

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools. It is most often compared to Zscaler Private Access: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vs Zscaler Private Access

What is Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client?

As mobile workers roam to different locations, an always-on intelligent VPN helps AnyConnect client devices to automatically select the optimal network access point and adapt its tunneling protocol to the most efficient method. This may include voice over IP (VoIP) traffic, TCP-based application access, or Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol for latency-sensitive traffic.

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is also known as Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility, AnyConnect Secure Mobility, Cisco AnyConnect, AnyConnect.

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Customers

MST, Molina Healthcare, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Arup, New South Wales Rural Fire
Service

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client pricing:
  • "The pricing depends on the requirement, so proper planning and an RF analysis help to properly size the solution and get the best pricing."
  • "Sometimes there is a problem with the number of licenses for the end-user. The number of concurrent users is limited due to a valid license."

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Reviews

Tabuya Machona
DevSecOps at AssureThink
Dec 14, 2020
A user-friendly and clean interface, secure with multiple two-factor authentication options, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

The best thing I like about Cisco AnyConnect is that it is super easy to connect to any private network with just one click. During the pandemic, most of our deployments were in organizations operating remotely. Using private VPNs means that only authenticated users can access internal company websites and applications. In our organization, it is used to connect to the servers in a secure way. Also, our remote users can access their computers in the office using the VPN Site-to-Client, where it allows you to encrypt and protect your data towards electronic computers when Internet connections… more »

• "The ability to add multiple two-factor authentication options for the user to choose from when they log in has helped increase the security of our network, especially with so many people working remotely."
  • "Even when your internet speed is good, once you connect to the VPN the speed gets automatically reduced, which is worrisome."

What other advice do I have?

During my usage of this application, I did not come across anything that I particularly hate about it. Sometimes, it takes a little longer to connect to a VPN, although I do not know if it's an issue with the application or with the VPN. Since I have faced this issue at times, I thought that I would mention it. Apart from that, there are no complaints.
Uldis Stokenbergs
Member of the Board at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Feb 17, 2020
Lightweight and stable with good connectivity

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for secure access the company's network.

• "The solution works very well. You just click and it's working."
  • "The configuration from the client-side would be useful. Right now, it's not centralized. There should be a lock so that it can only be configured from one place."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is perfect for both large and small companies. I'd advise other organizations to choose a subscription for the maximum period. The longer period is cheaper in price. Users should also keep it running all the time for the best results. I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, OpenVPN and others in Enterprise Infrastructure VPN. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1127244
BCM/ECM Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 28, 2019
Simple and reliable solution that allows you to work remotely

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for working remotely.

• "This solution is stable. There have been no technical issues."
  • "I have been working with the same interface for the last ten years. I would say that it needs some improvements made."

What other advice do I have?

I use this product on a day to day basis. Take into consideration the appropriate ratio between the real number of users and the concurrent number of users. That was my experience when I was responsible for the remote working solutions for business continuity. I would recommend this solution. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Marius Garbea
Quality Assurance Manager at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 6, 2019
A secure solution that allows for easy sharing of connections or credentials with colleagues

What is our primary use case?

We use them for our clients to connect to the servers.

• "I like the ability to share the connections or simply to be able to pass the credentials for a connection to other colleagues without bothering too much about the connection being tracked or about security, because each and every user will require a secret password, so I don't really care about sending the details. It's very secure."
  • "If they could simplify connections via other machines, like Linux or Mac OS X, it would be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anyone who is considering its implementation. I would rate this solution between a seven and an eight out of ten.
qualitya722373
Senior Quality Assurance at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Nov 18, 2019
Works well as a VPN, but the automatic re-connection feature needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution as an access point. We have on-premises servers and if anyone needs to access those servers remotely, they access them through Cisco AnyConnect. We use it as a VPN between outside networks and our internal office network.

• "The most valuable feature is the connection feature."
  • "There are situations where the connection drops, and you may not even be aware of it until you try to do something critical."

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very good, but if you don't know what you are doing, you could create issues with it very quickly. If you don't have enough knowledge regarding this solution, then you need to get someone who knows this solution to help you with the implementation or to implement the solution. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
reviewer1226838
Head of Solutions Delivery (Systems) at a wellness & fitness company with 201-500 employees
Aug 28, 2020
A secure and easy way of utilizing company services remotely

What is our primary use case?

We use AnyConnect to connect to our machines and networks remotely when we are not in the office. I can access files and other services that are available only on our company network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is really secure and very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes when you are on the VPN, it can be a little bit slow. This may not be a Cisco issue, per se.

We have been using Cisco AnyConnect for six months.

Stability-wise, it seems to be pretty good. We have people working from home and we really haven't had any issues.

We have between 2,000…
Techstud567
Software Tester at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Aug 26, 2019
A simple solution that is easy to use and can be connected remotely

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for infrastructure security for accounts.

• "I like that it is really easy to use, it's a simple product. It can connect remotely with a secure network."
  • "The logout should be automized and it should have a reminder that you have logged in into a private network."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anybody considering it. I think it is a good product. I would rate it a ten out of ten.
reviewer1179411
Group VP Security and Compliance at a wireless company with 201-500 employees
Dec 16, 2019
Easy to use and set up with competitive pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for an SSL VPN, for third parties to connect to our network.

• "The solution is very easy to use and set up."
  • "Behavior analytics and other newer technologies should be integrated into the solution."

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution; it's a good product. I'd rate it eight out of ten.
See 4 more Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Reviews
Download our free Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, OpenVPN, and more!