Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager Overview

What is Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager?

Remote Desktop Manager lets you centralize all your remote connections, passwords and credentials into a unique platform that can be securely shared between users. Drive security, speed and productivity through your organization while reducing risks for your IT department. Join over 400 000 users in more than 140 countries who enjoy our remote connection management solution. Remote Desktop Manager is available in two editions: Free and Enterprise. While the Free edition is perfect for stand-alone users, the Enterprise edition is best suited for multiple users and teams.

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager Customers

HBO, 20th Century Fox, U-Haul, Nasdaq, IBM, Sony, SAP, Prada, Nike, Nokia, EY, Tesla, Fidelity, Space-X, Caterpillar, Maersk, Du Pont, MLS, Bosch, Bridestone, Red Bull

Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Networking & Infrastructure Consultant at Intelligent Technologies, Inc.
One credential can be used to access VPN, RDS, and more

What is our primary use case?

My company is a consulting practice that connects to client systems using various methods. So, we need credentials, VPN connections, and also operational instructions. RDM provides a single repository for all this and so much more. You can include PowerShell scripts to accomplish tasks.

• "One credential can be used to access VPN, RDS, and more."
  • "The RDM client (.NET issue, actually) can stall or lock up while it clears communication threads to the server."

What other advice do I have?

Try it and you will be impressed.
Enterprise Services Engineer at Turbonomic
Best remote connection manager you can use today

What is our primary use case?

I use RDM to manage 99% of my remote connections, such as RDP, SSH, SCP File Transfer, iDRAC, iLO, VMware vSphere Web Client, VMware vSphere Client, URLs, etc.

• "Being able to store my credentials makes connecting a breeze."
  • "RDM has enabled me to do most of my work in one place. This helps me be able to have an RDP session open to a server in one tab and an SSH session open to a VMware host in another."
  • "Devolutions's team is constantly making improvements to their products. If you submit a feature request, they are usually quick to implement it."
  • "Setup and installation was simple."
  • "The only complaint I have heard is there are too many updates. Each time there is an update (the app prompts to upgrade), it can be time consuming, especially when sometimes there are multiple updates per week."

What other advice do I have?

I've been using RDM for almost 10 years now, starting with the free version and eventually moving to the Enterprise version. There is not a day that goes by that I do not use the tool.
Find out what your peers are saying about Devolutions, TeamViewer, Microsoft and others in Remote Access. Updated: May 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Manager at a library with 11-50 employees
User
It sped up our response rate to anything that happened in the network

What is our primary use case?

We use this to control all of our virtual servers within the organization. We needed to switch to something other than vCenter since VMware went to a web-based client and it actually slowed down the support we could offer.
Technical Support Analyst at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is our primary use case?

I use Remote Desktop Manager to centralize all my different connection types, like Linux servers via SSH, Windows servers via RDP, VMware hosts, and for all the devices that I manage. The ability to have all the connection information in one location saves so much time from trying to manage the same information across different applications.

• "The ability to have all the connection information in one location saves so much time from trying to manage the same information across different applications."
  • "The interface is great to work with as it allows multiple connections in a tabbed interface. It also has the option to automatically start a VPN or an SSH tunnel, if required."
  • "By integrating all our connections previously spread across multiple locations, a lot of time has been saved."
  • "Sometimes when updating, the install window is on top of the prompt to close the application."
DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is the remote server connections for multiple protocols. I also use it for managing multiple website login credentials and for application connections via available plugins.

• "Makes me instantly more focused on resolving the issue rather than getting to the issue."
  • "Being able to aggregate all connections (RDP, FTP, SSH, VPN, etc.) in the same interface and make each server readily available in the same way, which lets me focus on the problem regardless of where it is."
  • "There are always bugs to squash, beyond that, it is really kind of difficult for new users to discover and use many of the features due to the bewildering array of choices and ways to do things."
  • "On complex setups, I actually needed to reach out to support to get it working correctly."

What other advice do I have?

Use the built-in Password Generation tool. * You can store password policies as templates and just call the template to generate a bunch of different passwords that follow the policy and password security best practices. * Press the button, and it is stored in your credential store. * Copy it into the new password fields, and all of a sudden, you are using best practices on your passwords, effortlessly. It actually takes more effort to do less than the best practices while using this tool!
Microsoft SQL Server DBA at a tech services company with 11-50 employees

What is our primary use case?

Using RDM for my daily work, it helps me manage Remote Desktop Connection with different sets of credentials. Integration with third-party credential storages (like KeePass) allows for managing all credentials in a single place.

How has it helped my organization?

Remote Desktop Manager is integrated with KeePass, which was used for a long time. By doing this, I am able to use familiar credential storage without moving my credentials to newer system.

What is most valuable?

Integration with a third party credential storage, web login, and VPN are the most usable and useful functions at the moment.

What needs improvement?

Maybe some clipboard functions could be added along with integration of different software.  Currently, it is perfect for my…
Information Technology Consultant at a tech consulting company with 1-10 employees
Integrated VPN providers means no need to manually configure clients

What is our primary use case?

* Centralize all our customer and in-house credentials and remote connections. * Configure limited access to resources with the security-based role feature (for trainees and new employees). * Daily usage of some of the numerous integrated VPN solutions for connecting to our customers, when we are remote. * Keep the credentials up to date with version and Change History.

• "Allows us to configure limited access to resources with the security-based role feature (which we use for trainees and new employees)."
  • "With the integrated VPN providers you are able to link the VPN entry directly to the session or entire folders, so you no longer have to configure the VPN manually on the machine."
  • ""Inherited" function for credentials - Configure the desired credential at one (top) location, and use the Inherited function on all sub-connections that should use this credential."
  • "Documentation per entry, good for device configs or important/special instructions."
  • "Sometimes the manual inventory of some entries hangs, and RDM must be closed via task manager."
  • "Security roles could be improved, especially by enabling renaming of a role."
IS NET Tech 6 at a university with 201-500 employees
User
It allows us to connect to our VNC clients and Lab PC

What is our primary use case?

We use this software to have all of our RDP and other connections in one place, which is primarily used for our server access.

• "It really helps to have all the data already pre-entered and all I have to do is enter the password."
  • "It saves a lot of time for all of our IT staff from having to just use the RDP Windows client and reenter each server every time we access a different system."
  • "If there was a way to streamline the process, it would make it nice."
  • "The filing system of connections is a little clunky, but is completely functional."