Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Overview

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Data Loss Prevention tools. It is most often compared to Symantec Data Loss Prevention: Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention vs Symantec Data Loss Prevention

What is Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention?
Forcepoint DLP addresses human-centric risk with visibility and control everywhere your people work and everywhere your data resides. Security teams apply user-risk scoring to focus on the events that matter most and to accelerate compliance with global data regulations.

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is also known as Forcepoint DLP, Forcepoint Data Security Suite, Websense Data Security Suite.

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Buyer's Guide

Download the Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Customers
Alphawest, Betsson, Cellcom Israel Ltd., Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Confartigianato Vicenza, EverBank, Finansbank, iGATE, Landa Digital Printing, Northern California Bank, Reliance Capital, Remosa, Toyota, Scavolini, Zim Integrated Shipping Services
Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention pricing:
  • "The cost for the product for our use is less than $10 per user."

GM
IT Manager at a government with 10,001+ employees
Easy to configure and offers good support

What is our primary use case?

We use Forcepoint primarily for data loss prevention and detection.

• "The ease of configuration was probably one of its biggest selling points."
  • "I can't push a report by a certain organizational entity or unit without a lot of work. The reporting could be better."

What other advice do I have?

If I were to give some advice, I would say don't try to do it all at once, it won't work. Know that you're going to go. It's different from building line-of-business solutions. Whereas from a line-of-business solution you work from the outside in, with security programs you work from the inside out. You have to get your data governance in place, as well as information security governance. You need to assign who will be responsible. Decide who to send information to if something does happen. All that has to happen before you begin trying to bring in a system. You have to know your organization…
AM
Enterprise Information Security Analyst at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
Alerts us about transmission of prohibited PCI or PII data, and we can outright block it, depending on our thresholds

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for endpoint protection of PCI information, as well as PII, such as social security numbers. We have a hybrid system, in that we utilize the cloud as well as our on-premises appliances. Depending on where the customer is, if they're on-premises or if they're working from home or elsewhere, we have that covered with the hybrid solution. Forcepoint has its product available in the cloud and we use the on-premises side when the data is going through the appliances.

• "The built-in rules, templates, and content classifiers are among the most valuable features. Some of the built-in patterns are good places to get started with. Along with the phrases, they are helpful in putting together policies and fine-tuning our policies."
  • "The user-friendliness of the interface in formulating DLP policies could be improved. An example would be managing policies. It's a little daunting at first, and can be confusing, at times, when it comes to how to set things up and how to add policies. They could improve on that."

What other advice do I have?

What I can recommend is getting the highest tier of support that you can afford, because it's absolutely critical. I don't know how I would do everything if I had to submit a request and wait several days for it. I don't know how I would keep things going in that situation. With a higher level of support you can call someone and you also have someone who is managing your account. That's also really nice, because you get some extra benefits out of that. I'm very satisfied and would rate it at nine out of 10.
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,275 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BM
Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Ensures that data within the organization is also protected, whether it's in motion, in use, or at rest but support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We've been using this solution for about five, six years now. Our primary use case for Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is for internal and external compliance, based on banking regulations. It also allows us to ensure that data within the organization is also protected - whether this data is in motion, in use, or at rest. At any point in time, data is always in a three-state situation. Either the data is at rest, which means it's not being used at all, or the data is being used. If someone works on the data, the data is in motion, which means it's moving from one location to another in the… more »

• "Another valuable feature is that it provides integration to things like Cloud Access Security Broker, which provides security around cloud applications."
  • "I am really impressed by the interface and management console but the requirements are very high and the response time is too slow."

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to make sure that you do a BOT at the beginning before you take any DLP decision, do a BOT. If you're going with Forcepoint, ensure that you have the prices locked down properly, and the user licenses clearly defined. Then finally, ensure that you sign the right support, you get the right support contract, or support flavor with them. Then you do your sizing properly, especially if you are using Office 365, because Office 365, the mini-environment, has huge performance issues around solutions. So be sure to do your sizing properly. I rate this solution a seven out of ten. I…
Chief Information Security Officer at Wafa assurance
An industry leader providing excellent sensitive data protection that's very stable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for processing our sensitive data which is strategic data and strategic information exchanged between our top management personnel. The purpose was to acquire the solution to protect us from incidents involving the sensitive data from our group getting taken. This happened previously, where data was taken from us and given to another competitor. There was another leak as well and since then we've tried to carefully guard our data and implemented, for example, Apple Mail to protect our mail from third parties.

• "The solution offers very good sensitive data protection."
  • "It would be wonderful if the solution could develop more AI and machine learning capabilities. It would also be good if the solution was able to integrate with other ML and AI solutions. Right now, this is lacking."

What other advice do I have?

We were on Office 365 on the cloud. It wasn't enough. Since then, we've described our policy to Apple Mail and have elaborated out information classification. Afterward, we invited the business and the strategic entity to workshops to classify the data effectively and try the solution after implementing the DLP. We use a hybrid deployment model and acquired the solution with the hybrid functionality to help protect our sensitive data in the inter-managed hybrid space. The solution has been good, and it has responded to our needs. As a group, we were afraid of the safety around our sensitive…
DB
Co-Founder at Critical Technologies
Reseller
Protection for your critical data that is quick to deploy and inexpensive

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for data protection and access to our critical company information.

• "The product is good and reliable. The vendor company is continually improving it and they seem to stay one step ahead."
  • "Everything can be improved and maybe there is a way to improve the user experience through the interface."

What other advice do I have?

Advice that I would give to someone looking into implementing Forcepoint DLP is to take care and compare it to other solutions. Other solutions may have a more established reputation because Forcepoint is a new name on the market. But I would recommend taking a look at all the technical features and the pricing as part of their consideration before making a decision. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Forcepoint DLP as a nine-out-of-ten. The thing that would make it a ten for me would be for the company to improve the technical implementation…
MS
Presales Network & Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Prevents the theft of data in motion through email and web channels

What is our primary use case?

Our main target is banking, insurance, and pharmacy — my main clientele.

• "I like the SaaS solution they're offering now a little bit more. It's a new product but it's easy to install and configure."
  • "You have to monitor the solution all the time."

What other advice do I have?

I would certainly recommend this solution to others. It's one of the best DLP solutions on the market. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.
Cyber Security Consultant and Technical Manager at Alpha Hub
Provides the user with plenty of control but hands-on training is advised

• "Regardless of the size of your company, this solution can be scaled accurately."
  • "This solution has a tendency to provide false-positive results."

What other advice do I have?

If you are interested in implementing this solution or any DLP solution for that matter, I would advise you to build your own policies first. In short, build your policies and workflows and organize your enterprise well before you implement this solution. On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.
Head of security solutions at Infodata Professional Services
Reseller
A perfectly scalable solution that offers unique fingerprinting technology and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to stop the loss of data through various channels.

• "The fingerprinting technology is the solution's most valuable feature. It's unique to Forcepoint."
  • "There's zero Forcepoint presence in West Africa. Customers typically like having these things close to them. It would help if they had a presence here. Right now, Forcepoint West Africa has been administered from South Africa. Because of this, customers can't access premium support in our region."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Forcepoint reseller. I typically handle the on-premises deployment model, but I do have a client who is currently moving to the cloud. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
See 5 more Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Reviews