G Suite Enterprise Overview

G Suite Enterprise is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Email Applications. It is most often compared to Amazon WorkMail: G Suite Enterprise vs Amazon WorkMail

What is G Suite Enterprise?

Google Apps for Business is a cloud-based productivity suite which connects team members, allowing all users to work no matter where they are, using any device. Setup of Google Apps for Business is straightforward, and is simple to use and manage.

A big benefit of Google Apps for Business is that all products can be accessed using one Google log-in for each user, so only a single account set-up per user is required.

G Suite Enterprise is also known as G-Suite Enterprise, G-Suite, Google Apps for Business, G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G-Suite Basic, G-Suite Business, Google Vault.

G Suite Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the G Suite Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

G Suite Enterprise Customers

There are over five million businesses that use Google Apps for Business worldwide. Some key customers include The Roche Group, National Geographic, American Red Cross, City of Los Angeles, Flight Centre, and Konica Minolta.

G Suite Enterprise Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about G Suite Enterprise pricing:
  • "2,500 Rupees per month per user."
  • "It's about $8.30 up a user per month."

BC
Principal Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good email service, however, no technical support and needs to be more automated

What is our primary use case?

I use it for various aspects of my business (scheduling/calendar, email, etc.).

• "In terms of email, I could probably do the same things with other programs, however, I find 90% of my usage is Gmail."
  • "The solution is not user-friendly and it doesn't integrate that well with Microsoft Office, which is one of the bigger business apps on the market, compared to Google Sheets and applications of that sort."

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer. I'm not sure of the version I'm currently using. I just use the business G Suite. I believe it's always the latest version that's available. The only thing I use in G Suite is Gmail, Drive and the Calendar and that's about it. I'm not really using Google Ads. I do a little bit of YouTube stuff, but I'm fixing to convert that into putting the videos on my website. I just recently also used Google Voice. In terms of advice to other companies, I'd caution that it's very difficult to use effectively. Users need to really make sure they're going to have to be able to vertically…
CyrilSzecsko
Manager at Zeste Informatique
Built-in multifactor authentication for single sign-on with precise technical support and documentation

What is our primary use case?

I deployed this for a public administration with two hundred accounts. They were replacing Office 365 with this solution because of the price.

• "G Suite and all of Google were the first to have a built-in multifactor authentication without needing to purchase another product."
  • "If you use a name with a special character like a slash in the folder, it will crash the migration, with no warning. There is no pre-warning or anything to tell you that if you use characters in a file name that it will crash the migration."

What other advice do I have?

Many people don't understand that when you are migrating to a company, you don't need to use software for mail, and you don't need to have software to open Gmail. It's the main feature. For me, this solution and the setup is easy, but for some people who do not have the experience, they see features and don't know what they are used for. For the Cloud, people are using Active Directory or Outlook, but they should also consider Gmail. As an administrator, you don't have to manage mail software and local mail storage. When people are using Office 365 Suites online and they come from Outlook to…
Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Steven Wilson
Founder CEO at Stacqdale
Great for collaboration, extremely scalable, and reasonable pricing

What is our primary use case?

It's a wonderful solution for an organization that is changing in size dramatically. I find it super easy to add, delete, or replace users. From an administrative perspective, that's really nice. It provides all the collaboration and integration needed for teams and uses the Microsoft Suite of solutions quite nicely.

• "I like the capabilities for collaboration on any platform. For example, I might be on an iPad whereas the person next to me is on a laptop and the person next to them is on their phone. We can all collaborate together and update documentation in real-time."
  • "Better integration without visual misrepresentation with the Microsoft suite is required."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers; we don't have a business relationship with Google. There's always going to be a decision to either go with a G Suite, Microsoft Office, or some other open-source platform like Open Office. I would suggest G Suite to someone who's considering making a move, especially if they are a new enterprise. They need to consider carefully who they're going to be interacting with in terms of clients. Does it make sense for them to pay the premium price and go to the Microsoft Suite because of the nature of the work they're doing? It depends on the situation. If I was doing a lot of…
Vinay Mistry
Founder & MD at Coequal Associates Private Limited
In constant use for office related work and collaborative meetings; very secure and user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We have a team of eight people and everyone is using G Suite whether for collaboration, storing files, Google Word, or using Sheets to Slides, it's all on G Suite. 99.95% of our work revolves around it. It's mainly for office related work and collaborations, that's our primary use case. We're a customer of G Suite and I'm the founder and M.D. of our company.

• "It's a secure solution that enables you to choose those you wish to share with."
  • "Less customizations than there used to be."

What other advice do I have?

Individuals need to explore the options based on their business needs. G Suite has building forms, online forms, reports, everything like that. It's just a matter of exploring it and understanding your requirements. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10. It still requirements some improvements in order to catch up to Microsoft.
SB
Director Of Information Technology at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Makes it a whole lot easier to virtually have everybody in one room at the same time

What is our primary use case?

We use it as our main email system, so everybody is on that email as a platform. We use it for collaboration, using their tools for Google Meet or Google Hangouts. We use it for their tools that are similar to office tools. They have a spreadsheet, they have what you would see in Office, and they have similar tools to that. I'm able to do a Word documentation or editor, and spreadsheets. We use it for meetings, so it is our counterpoint to an office type of thing.

• "It's certainly easier to meet. We have offices around the world and the ability to have a company meeting on Google Meet platform makes it a whole lot easier to actually have everybody virtually in one room at the same time."
  • "Their tool called Sheets is the counterpart to Excel but it doesn't have the same functionality that Excel would have. So usually if somebody needs to go back to Excel or Office, it's because of Excel."

What other advice do I have?

If you need basic functionality in a very mobile or dispersed workforce, it works great. When we didn't use Enterprise, it became time-consuming and complicated to manage. Sometimes you step up a tier just to be able to manage it more effectively. I would rate it an eight out of ten. I think it's a good, solid product for basic functionality. It's easy to roll out, it's easy to use in a very distributed workforce until you get to the level where you need very specific things, it's great. Once you get to that, I need some specific functionality like in Excel, it doesn't offer that kind of…
Jacky Hood
CEO at FieldDay Solutions, Inc.
Document sharing enables multiple people to work on the same document

What is our primary use case?

Our administrator has it set up so that we can share the Calendar and Gmail, we can send Gmail outside, but we cannot include any outsiders in the documents. It is possible to change that, but that's the way our administrator has set it up, that it's totally a private environment. We use Gmail, we use Calendar, we use Drive and Drive includes presentations, although their presentations aren't great, documents and spreadsheets, workbooks, which are multiple spreadsheets. I think that's it. But the presentation is not great so we don't use it very much.

• "The document sharing in which multiple people can work on the same document. To go along with that is the archiving of documents. If you mess up a document, it's easy to go get a previous version."
  • "The problem with the presentation is that if you upload a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and you convert it to Google presentation, the slides or pictures, their images are not editable. You can't edit the slides that you brought in. They're just images."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Google is trying to implement a telephone system on top of it. I would say, wait and see, because that's a new product, and wait and see if it's going to work and if it's going to cause you problems.
JW
IT Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has easy ways to share information and documents and have online meetings

• "The features we use quite a lot are the mail and Google Drive. We can store documents and share documents between both employees here, locally in Sweden, and we have an office in the US as well. It's a very easy way to share information and documents, and have online meetings and stuff with Google Meet. We use it quite a lot."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see more encryption of documents, mail, and things like that. There should be a better way to encrypt mail and documents that are pushed through this system. That would be some improvement or additional features that could be good to have."

What other advice do I have?

There's always room for improvement but it works fairly well for what we need. The conference systems can always be improved of course, but it works quite well for most of the functions we use. Obviously, it's not perfect. Everything can always be better of course, but we are quite satisfied with it. There is a cost per user, per month. It depends on how many users they have in the system. It's a decent cost anyway. It feels quite okay for what we get for it. It's simple and easy to get working and started. You don't really need to locally install stuff, you have the browser and that's it…
Muzaffar  Abbas
Regional Manager at VDart
Secure, stable, scalable, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We have different use cases. We have a set of people, like the executives and recruiters, who use G Suite for documentation, email, and everything. There is a separate set of people, like the leadership team, who use it just for emails. We also use Google Meet for team meetings. All our laptops are getting backed up to Google Drive. Google has covered everything in one shot.

• "Being able to back up our data on Google Drive is a critical and valuable feature for our customers. It is just in sync. Imagine you change a file on the desktop, and it gets updated directly to your Google Drive. Our laptop is completely in sync with Google Drive. Google Meet, Google Sheets, and Google Docs are also amazing products. They're very versatile and easy to use as compared to Office 365. I am using Google Sheets and Google Docs, which first save the work on my memory or ROM, and then on my RAM. It gives me better productivity through Google Sheets and Google Docs."
  • "There could be more options in Google G Suite. They can include HD calling for Google Meet. The layout portion in the calendar for Google G Suite can be better designed. When we get into the calendar and start scheduling meetings, we do have few hiccups here and there. The layout can be a little easier. People from different backgrounds are finding it a little bit tough to understand. It should be more intuitive. At the moment, it has a completely white background. To do power saving, it would be good if they can release a darker background. There are a few issues with the formatting of Google Docs when they get converted to Microsoft docs. It would be amazing if they can resolve it in the next release."

What other advice do I have?

From information security, that is, confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) as well as stability and reliability point of view, G Suite is the product to go for. I would rate G Suite Enterprise a nine out of ten.
See 18 more G Suite Enterprise Reviews