HPE OneView Overview

HPE OneView is the #30 ranked solution in our list of Infrastructure Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Dell EMC CloudIQ: HPE OneView vs Dell EMC CloudIQ

What is HPE OneView?

HPE OneView is your infrastructure automation engine to simplify operations, increasing the speed of IT delivery for new applications and services. Through software defined intelligence, HPE OneView brings a new level of automation to infrastructure management by taking a template driven approach to provisioning, updating, and integrating compute, storage, and networking infrastructure. Designed with a modern, standard-based API and supported by a large and growing partner ecosystem, HPE OneView also makes it easy to integrate powerful infrastructure automation into existing IT tools and processes. Take command with HPE OneView to deploy infrastructure faster, simplify operations and increase productivity.

HPE OneView innovations provide you the industry’s best infrastructure management experience, simplifying operations for HPE BladeSystem, HPE ProLiant servers, 3PAR storage, HPE Networking and HPE ConvergedSystems.

HPE OneView is also known as HP OneView.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

HPE OneView Customers

Asante, ITS Nordics, Columbus Communications, Mansfield Oil

HPE OneView Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

CC
Systems Engineer at Allegis
Allows us to swap hardware in and out without worrying about reconfiguring

What is our primary use case?

I've been working with OneView off-and-on for about five and a half years, first on the operations side, mostly managing hardware and maintaining it. More recently, I've been spending more time on the engineering side, making sure that we're building stuff, seeing what we can do as far as automating, and getting all of our profiles more generalized so that there are fewer questions about what a particular piece of hardware has.

• "We could literally swap out a piece of hardware, slide one back into the chassis, and immediately - about three reboots later - it was identical. We didn't have to worry about configuring it, we didn't have to spend any time getting anything into place. It came back and it healed the environment almost immediately."
  • "Sometimes the interface can be a little confusing, sometimes the error messages can be very cryptic, as far as what's actually going on."
  • "The main problem that we run into, as far as stability goes, is when something loses its profile. Sometimes it requires jumping through a number of "hoops" to really get it back."

What other advice do I have?

At this point, I'd rate it about an eight out of 10. It's doing the job that we need it to, it's doing that job well. Sometimes the interface can be a little confusing, sometimes the error messages can be very cryptic, as far as what's actually going on. But on the whole, the product does what it sets out to do and does it well.
Fast Data Solutions Architect at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Comprehensive dashboard provides a single view of services and networks

What is our primary use case?

Monitoring of services and networks. The performance has been pretty good.

• "Comprehensive dashboard, ease of use are key features."
  • "I would like to see them expand into other cloud platforms, non-HPE platforms."

What other advice do I have?

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor are * support * scalability * stability - the uptime has to be close to 99.99 percent. I rate this solution an eight out of 10 because it's stable, it works. The ease of installation and use help you to come up with a turnkey solution as quickly as possible. For people who are not fully technical, the comprehensive dashboard is useful.
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: May 2021.
479,323 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IK
Business Development Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
User
Decreases time of operations to react to incidents and the amount of incidents

What is our primary use case?

IT infrastructure monitoring Business app monitoring Decreases time of operations to react to incidents. Decreases the amount of incidents.

How has it helped my organization?

Gain proactive reactions on incidents. Gives the business interfaces to view real-time pictures of IT business services.

What is most valuable?

Universality of product Broad range of integration points for third-party software Broad range of tools to create executive and operations dashboards.

What needs improvement?

I think HPE could make more user-friendly interfaces, exclude Java and move to an HTML5 platform, make more detailed documentation, and lower the price.

Three to five years.
Solutions Architect

What is our primary use case?

I have 200-plus services in around 40 different locations, therefore I need to be assured that I know when things break down, a disk goes bad, etc. So, I can see it, use the global dashboard, and give that view to our operations guys so they can see if something goes wrong. The work is 24/7, however I do not work those hour, so my team can see it and that is basically what I am using it for. I used to use other products, an old HPE SIEM that was not so good. This one is definitely better.

• "It gives us a view of all our servers, which we did not have before in real-time."
  • "​I have to chop it up into smaller parts, because I have an installation in Europe and it covers the whole world. That is not so good. They need to be more localized, so I am going to chop it up into smaller bits.​"
  • "I had some minor difficulties with upgrading, but the solution still works fine."
  • "Use it, but do not think it is going into the clouds, because it is not. There is room for improvement.​"

What other advice do I have?

Do not expect wonders, but use it as it is, as a tool to monitor and manage if you want to. Especially monitor, because it can give you a headstart on any problems. It could warn you if the fan is running high-pitch, if the temperature is high, and so on. So, it is actually giving you a headstart. That is the advice. Use it, but do not think it is going into the clouds, because it is not. There is room for improvement. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: They are honest. I do not care if it has flaws and it does not work exactly as they say, as long as they say, "We are working on…
CTO at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Deploys faster new virtual services

What is our primary use case?

Monetary hardware. It is performing very well.

How has it helped my organization?

Cost. You can streamline and deploy services faster.

What is most valuable?

Deploying faster new virtual services.

What needs improvement?

There was a feature called HPE cloud manager, but now it is owned by Micro Focus. HPE should make a cloud optimizer again.

Three to five years.

The stability is very good. I have never had an issue with it over the three years that I have been using it.

Scalability is great.

Technical support performs well. I have never…
Infrastructure Manager at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Template management makes the deployment of firmware updates much faster

What is our primary use case?

We manage our datacenter stuff. It's performing well.

• "The template management makes the deployment of the firmware updates much faster."
  • "​I saw, maybe three years ago or two years ago here, or in Barcelona, at the HPE Discover conference, a feature that you can update Clusterware with VMware. But the feature is still not live in production. Currently, you have to do all the firmware updates and then you have to do the VMware updates. So you have two reboots and it would be better if it was just one."

What other advice do I have?

In general, when selecting a vendor we look for * reliability * enterprise-ready is very important for us * support * how they stand in the market. Is there enough information available? Do they have enough customers to know that it is secure, stable? * Pricing is also an issue. I rate it an eight out of 10 and that's mostly because it's good software. It's getting better every day, and more integrations are coming. But the feature I mentioned above that is still not there, it could go faster. And you see that HPE has problems, sometimes, supporting older product ranges. And I think it costs a…
Product Owner at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
​We cannot function without this solution

What is our primary use case?

We use this for monitoring our hardware. It is performing fine.

• "​We cannot function without this solution. ​"

What other advice do I have?

It is a necessary tool for us and it works well. I would recommend it to a colleague at another company looking for a similar solution. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: There are multiple factors - the stability, the pricing in some parts, etc.
    RB
    Infrastructure Engineer with 10,001+ employees

What is our primary use case?

HPE OneView is an overview of a server infrastructure. It is performing really well.

• "By being able to deploy servers very quickly and rapidly, we can respond to any business requirement needed."
    • "​It is very stable. We have had no downtime nor issues in approximately a year. ​"

What other advice do I have?

Buy the product. It is really good. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Honest, reputable vendor, and one that we tend to have a good working relationship as well with.
      Cloud Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
      We manage everything from one screen, so we do not have to open another screen for every machine, saving us time

What is our primary use case?

Managing our C7000, at this moment. In the future, it will be managing Synergy too, hopefully. We have a version 3 and a version 1.2, but the upgrade process from the 1.2 to the 3 is kind of an issue. However, the performance is good.

• "We lose less time managing the machines."
      • "If you have a lot of devices, like we do, then you have to have one single pane of view, otherwise we lose too much time. So, we needed this type of solution."
      • "​We have a version 3 and a version 1.2, but the upgrade process from the 1.2 to the 3 is kind of an issue."
      • "​Technical support is not very good. The engineers do not know a lot about the product​, even when asked simplistic questions."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: reliability and good support.
      IT Administrator at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      We have the dashboard up on a big screen, you can actually see when things go wrong or if there are any faults with any of the servers

What is our primary use case?

Twice a year we do a server buy. We get in maybe 20 blade chassis. So, we would have a significant amount of servers to actually provision. We use OneView to change all the buyer settings, and it stops us having to go into each server and do it manually, which normally takes about ten minutes per server. However, we can just use OneView, do it all together, and have the whole thing setup and ready to be provisioned by the OS. That is what we use it for, and it is performing really well.

• "The remote support automatically logs service calls and support cases with HPE, which is really good."
      • "We have the dashboard up on a big screen, and you can actually see when things go wrong or if there are any faults with any of the servers. The backup is automated as well, so the appliance is quite good.​"
      • "One thing which is missing is that you can't actually log a support call yourself."

What other advice do I have?

Go for it, because its ease of use and setting it up. Once setup, then it is more or less, forget about it. It just works away in the background. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: ease of use. If you are talking about an application like OneView, this was ease of use. The desktop and the dashboard are actually quite good. We have the dashboard up on a big screen, and you can actually see when things go wrong or if there are any faults with any of the servers. The backup is automated as well, so the appliance is quite good.
      Infrastructure Manager at a legal firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Limited benefit for us so far, but features in development hold some promise

• "Those features, coming in version 4, that we're looking for are the discovery, primarily. But I think the scope-based access control is of interest, although, we didn't see any directory integration, so that, in itself, seems like it's still limited."

What other advice do I have?

When we're looking at vendors we look for the product itself and innovation. With respect to the HPE, that's what we look for, and dependability and standardization, rather than going too proprietary on things. Integration as well as strong partnerships with the likes of VMware. We are a VMware shop and, aside from the current issue, that close tie between the products is of great benefit to us.
        Systems Admin
        Makes our administration smoother and easier, more flexible

• "Administration-wise it's going to be easier. More smooth and more flexible."
        • "We also have the 3PAR and the GUI is almost the same. So the recognition is very good."

What other advice do I have?

We've almost been "married" with HPE for 15 years now. Our network is HPE, storage is HPE, computers, servers, everything is HPE. We have a DS agreement with them. They run our network, and our storage system, and our email. We are very glad. Happy with it.
          Assistant IT Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 201-500 employees
          Gives us one platform to monitor and access/configure all servers and storage

• "Gives us one platform to monitor and access or configure all the servers or the 3PAR, etc."
          • "It's rather simple to use, and that's very important for us."

What other advice do I have?

We have not been using it so long actually. It was implemented by our partner a few months ago and now we are starting to put all our equipment inside OneView. At this time I would say it's an eight out of 10, which is rather good, because the product is working. It's implemented at our site and we can use it without many problems, and it is being used - and that's very important. Very often you implement a product and there it stops. But it's really being used. I'm looking at it, very often. I will not say every day, but often.
            Junior IT Manager at a financial services firm
            Alerts regarding server issues or faulty components allow us to take action more quickly

• "It monitors all our servers, and if there is any problem it straight away sends us an alert. If It's a faulty component, we can see it from there. It sends an alert."
            • "The interface is a bit bland. It does its job, but it could have a better interface."

What other advice do I have?

HPE has been around for years and we know they're going to be for even longer. We're quite happy using them over the years, from the previous management up to now, everyone's happy with it. Everything we ask for is there. Support-wise they're great, product-wise they have what we need. I'm quite happy, overall. For the version that we have, I give it eight out of 10, because it does exactly what we need. Obviously with a better interface, maybe be 10 out of 10.
            Product Specialist at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
            Easy to create templates for server profiles but needs better reporting capabilities

What is most valuable?

I like that it is quite easy to add servers and get them monitored and manageable create templates for server profiles see if all my servers are on correct firmware levels, with SPP packaging.

What needs improvement?

It needs more reporting capabilities.

I haven't had any real downtime. I have experienced when it hangs for a couple of seconds, or minutes, but no downtime. When it hangs it's quite annoying, everything should happen immediately.

In regards to scalability, it is going to meet our needs, at least now. I have eight 1U instances, that cover the central environment and also…
            Solutions Architect at Veristor
            MSP
            It helps our customers deploy infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

If you have HPE compute in place today, you should definitely look at using OneView. If you're looking at selecting a compute vendor, I think HPE OneView is a compelling reason to go with HPE.
            Product Manager at Eaton
            It provides centralized management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the 360 dashboard.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides centralized management.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a better backup feature so I can manage data protection better.

The product has good stability.

I haven’t tried to scale it yet.

Technical support was great.

We did not use a previous solution. We focus on HPE products.

It was a complex installation. The user guide was missing content about the configuration.

Which other solutions did I

CEO at Opus Interactive
            Provides automation, visibillity and flexibility across all the different infrastructure platforms.

What other advice do I have?

There's always room for an improvement, but, definitely, it meets all of our needs. We're very happy with our OneView purchase and how it provides all that visibility into our entire infrastructure.
            System Engineer at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
            You can work in Spanish.

What is most valuable?

You can work in Spanish if you wish.

What needs improvement?

I would like OneView to support VMware. Our infrastructure is 78% VMware.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable.

It is very stable.

We did not have a different solution.

We looked at VMware Operations Manager, Dell Management, System Center Configuration Manager, and others.
            Senior Network Administrator at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
            It provides insight for management.

What is most valuable?

It provides insight for management.

What needs improvement?

I would like it to be a little more optimized for some performance enhancements.

The stability is fair.

Scalability is there. It could use a little help, but it's good. As it scales out, it's a little more cumbersome to manage.

Technical support is top notch.

We did not have a previous solution. We found out about this solution through a partner. He brought it to us and said, "Hey, you know, this might be something you want to consider." When selecting vendors, they have to be…
            IT Supervisor at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
            For us with the flexibility that it has given to us, I would rate it very highly.

• "Just the ability to provision the servers with storage and network everything within one interface, not having to go into multiple interfaces to provision those pieces."
            • "We ran into a couple of issues here and there with the baselines for the firmware and not having enough space on the appliance itself to be able to have more than two baselines."

What other advice do I have?

I would just say, "Make sure you do your diligence. Make sure you look at every aspect of what you're going to be bringing in. Make sure that none of those pieces are going to be in any kind of conflict, or harder for you to manage or take care of. Go with the one that fits your company that you can manage. There is less of a market curve for your company. At the end of the day, that's time spent on non-work, or non-proactive, or any of that stuff. You're spending time trying to learn a new environment, or a new system when you still need to be doing work that you're doing. So, I would just…
            Senior Systems Engineer at Delta Dental of California
            The automation capabilities are the most valuable.

• "I don't have to use CD-ROMs or anything like that to provision the servers."
            • "I would like to see support for things that aren't in the current generation. We have a lot of 7th and 8th generation hardware."

What other advice do I have?

If you're talking about a similar solution like a UCS, like Cisco, I would highly advise against Cisco UCS. Go HPE. Go OneView, for sure. The interface is a lot cleaner. It’s much better. I have colleagues that support both HPE and UCS and they would love to get rid of all their UCS and just go HPE. HPE is pretty much best upgrade.
            Server Admin at Cobb EMC
            Proactive reporting of the hardware status is the most valuable feature.

What other advice do I have?

Absolutely install it. Don't get too far behind with more HPE storage or servers without this product. It does a very good job.
            IT Systems Admin at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
            You can manage rack mount servers, blades, and blade chassis from one single pane of glass.

What other advice do I have?

It is definitely worth it. You can have a single, unified instance to manage everything. It's great from a system admin's perspective. It's worth it.
            Data Center Manager at Ferguson Enterprises
            Provides a single pane of glass for management. I would like them to get rid of their legacy devices.

• "We get templates, so it's speed to delivery for us. It's a big difference with the template features."
            • "We've had a few issues. We just upgraded to the 3.9.0 version. We think that now that we are on that version, hopefully a lot of those things are going to go away for us."

What other advice do I have?

The big thing is you need to understand is that with all the bells and whistles, find out what you really need to do. For us, that means more knobs, more things you can turn, more things you can adjust, more areas where you either need to understand, or there are more areas that people on your staff can tweak and change. You may never want them changed. That can manipulate your environment. If you can lock things down more because you don't need that, then look at another solution. But if you need to have all of that flexibility, then maybe look this way.
            Systems Consultant at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
            MSP
            Provides a single interface to manage multiple products.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely recommend OneView. If you are an HPE shop, it's the way of the future. It's the single pane of glass. Products are looking the same. You have to move forward into that world.
            System Engineer
            Provides centralized administration of your environment.

What other advice do I have?

Work close with HPE get to know all the features, so you can really utilize all of the features that have been put in there for you.
            Senior Technical Analyst at HSSBC
            Provides a single pane of glass, like a dashboard out-of-the-box.

What other advice do I have?

Get in there early and look at integrating, because Gen 7 and below is not going to be supported anymore. Anything new you buy can be used with OneView now, within a one life-cycle of your data center, or with one five-year life-cycle. Everything will be supported in there.
            Windows Infrastructure Manager at AIB
            Automation allows several tasks to be rolled up into one task.

What other advice do I have?

I think you need to talk to as many vendors in the marketplace as you can. Listen to what they say and make an informed decision. When looking for a vendor, we’re probably the same as everybody else. Cost is very important. I think the local relationship that we have with our HPE account manager and engineers within the island of Ireland makes a big difference.
            Server System Administrator at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
            Provides a single pane of glass to manage our systems, boot from SAN, and build profiles.

What other advice do I have?

I would think that any company would want to use it. It makes it easier for the user, the administrator, and makes it simpler from a reporting standpoint. You can see your entire environment.
            VP of Data Operations at a political organization with 11-50 employees
            It is just so straightforward. It's very, very simple. The dashboard and the way to navigate is just very, very simple.

What other advice do I have?

I don't know. Look at all the other vendors and do your due diligence and I think you'll find that this is a great solution.
            Solution Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
            It has lots of benefits such as managing the blade infrastructure and updating the firmware levels. It keeps us from having to go do things manually.

What other advice do I have?

Take your time. Learn the features. Learn how it integrates in your environment and it'll serve you well.
            System Engineer at TechpowerUSA
            It's great because it tracks warranty and support status but it also gives me the ability to go in and configure server profiles.

What other advice do I have?

You have got to look at the economics because it's not free. You can use OneView to monitor, so if all you need is something to go in and give an alert that something's broken, that's fine, that's free. But if you want the management capabilities and the drill down and more configuration doing things, then you're going to have to buy the licenses.
            Technical Engineer III at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
            I like the ability that we can manage multiple enclosures as it's like one stop shopping.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. I think it sounds like that's the way that HP is driving everything, to the OneView type user interface. I know the management console for 3PAR is very similar to OneView, so I think they're just driving things to that type of user interface. They are also willing to work side by side with you.
            Server Architect at Zions Bancorp
            You have a single place to login to all your work for the rest of the day and configure everything at a particular site.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that I'm focusing on very small minutiae that bug me in my negative feedback. Overall, OneView is a fantastic replacement for Virtual Connect Manager and it's a fantastic replacement for Insight Manager. There are just some things that I hope are enhancements that'll be resolved soon that I'd advise people to watch out for, especially if they're important to them.
            Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
            I like the way that everything's been consolidated and brought together into one single pane of glass.

What other advice do I have?

Use HPE to your advantage. Get the trial licenses, see how it works and then you'll be happy with it once you roll it out.
            Senior Systems Administrator at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
            I like the ability where I'm able to set up templates for profiles and to be able to apply that same profile configuration to multiple blades.

What other advice do I have?

It does make your life much easier. The single-plated glass, the templates and the auto support really takes a lot of that remedial stuff away from the administrators who need to be focusing on more important things and it allows it to automate a lot of features.
            Systems Administrator at Phoenix Contact
            The most valuable feature is the single pane of glass. The price point is pretty spot on.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely advise them to work with HPE. Their products speak for themselves. They do what they say they're going to do. And HPE, changing the way they have over the last couple years, it's been amazing. I've enjoyed it immensely.
            Senior systems engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
            Its ease of use is the most valuable feature. We can easily deploy a server.

What other advice do I have?

Use it, absolutely use it, i.e., if you're using the HPE infrastructure as it makes your life so much easier.
            Senior Director of IT at Edifecs
            Ease of use and the single-pane-of-glass are the most valuable features. It is very difficult to use the reporting functionality.

What other advice do I have?

To make it easier, HPE is a good solution. If you have the time to engineer and customize a solution, then you will be fine with it or with any other vendor or even with a white box, for that matter. Typically in terms of flexibility and speed, HPE is a good solution.
            IT Manager at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
            We are able to manage all our facets of hardware through one-pane-of-glass. There should be an easier management of the driver and firmware baseline.

What other advice do I have?

Leverage your technical account managers (TAMs) and your technical advisors when deploying the hardware.
            System Engineer III at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
            The most valuable feature is having a one-pane-of-glass so that we can see the HPE environment.

What other advice do I have?

Go ahead and do it. It gives you that one-pane-of-glass and makes life a lot easier than trying to go into each server and seeing what's going on.
            Senior Systems Admin at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
            We can administer multiple servers simultaneously and upgrade firmware. I would like an improved IP range.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend doing a beta test.
            Lead Virtualization Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
            Gives us the ability to generate the profiles so the servers are built consistently.

• "Profile templates: The ability to generate the profiles and lay them down so the servers are built consistently. I would say that's probably the biggest piece of it."
            • "It's a little slow sometimes. Overall, I think it does what it's supposed to do. I think that as they evolve it, it'll get quicker."

What other advice do I have?

I think it's good to know that if they already use HPE products, it may not be time to start analyzing whether or not to use competitive products. I think competitively, there are probably some advantages to one of the other possibilities. However, I don't think it is necessarily a good idea to throw out what you have now in order to switch.
            Senior Systems Architect at Energizer
            It provides easy administration.

What is most valuable?

It provides easy administration.

How has it helped my organization?

It minimizes our administration for the market.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see, probably a little bit tighter Type B integration.

The product is really stable.

It is very scalable.

The technical support team is very responsive.

Actually, it was just that, at that time, we decided to invest in this solution. We were still using the HPE ConvergedSystem.

The setup was very complex, but it wasn't always complex. We had some…
            System Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
            It is easier to manage. During a code update, there should be more stability in the code.

What is most valuable?

Its simplicity is the most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

It is easier to manage and has one central location.

What needs improvement?

For a code upgrade, there should be more stability in the code.

To be honest, we've been having some issues with the stability of the product. We're working with the support to get it more stabilized. We did a code upgrade and the whole thing just fell. Our guys back home are still working on fixing it.

We're still in the beginning phases of using it, so I don't know how it's going to scale out or not.

The technical support team is okay.…
            CTO
            Provides Us With The Visibility Of The Status Of The IT Infrastructure. I Would Like More Analytics Of The Assets.

What other advice do I have?

It's quite important to improve IT operations to reduce the time IT people devote to solve problems. Instead, we can create valuable position innovation ideas to improve the business.
            Architect at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
            We have hardware or blades that can't see themselves within the enclosure of this tool managing them.

What other advice do I have?

Just make sure you put it through the paces. Again, I don't know what failed in our deployment. I've talked to some of the escalation engineers at the conference and hopefully, they're going to come back and resolve the issue. But, our IT is lean. We don't have time to be beta testers for new products, we need a product that's going to be stable out of the get-go.
            System Administrator at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
            Instead of having to go to each chassis for managing Virtual Connect, we have a centralized view.

What other advice do I have?

If you are experienced with OA and Virtual Connect, that it's a completely different animal when you're in OneView; the interface isn't the same. Finally, you figure out how OneView works. It could be that you, maybe, have never used a chassis before and then, finally, you understand this Virtual Connect beast and how to set everything up. Then, you're like, "Let's get OneView!" and you switch to OneView. The theories behind it are the same, but the interface is different and the way you set it up is different. So, I will advise being aware of going in.
            Senior Infrastructure Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
            Provisions the server end-to-end with everything configured. We weren't able to take this solution to the max.

• "Have a single plane of glass across all of the server platforms."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely consider it for a colleague who had the same challenges as we did. Obviously, different companies have different challenges. But if they are dealing with similar challenges with regards to a fragmented footprint and currency-wise, OneView is a nice choice. It is: * Visually appealing * Easy to use * Easy for managing servers going forward * Easy for building servers at a profile level, versus going in traditionally and configuring all that stuff. It can automate all that stuff. So if those were the challenges they are having, I would say OneView is a good place for them to…
              Solutions Architect with 201-500 employees
              MSP
              The single-pane-of-glass and a full view of the environment are the most valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. Put a demonstration in, let it show you exactly how it is supposed to work, how it benefits your company; this should convince you that this is what you need.
              BH
              Owner and CEO at Bitcon
              Reseller
              Allows you to manage multiple environments with the same interface.

What other advice do I have?

You know all the good stuff and the not so good stuff about software, but OneView 3.0 is there now.
              Enterprise Account Manager at Alpha Data
              It enables you to view the entire infrastructure and manage it in a single pane.

What other advice do I have?

We did not actually decide to buy the product. When you buy an HPE kit, HPE OneView comes with it. That’s how we got started with that. I’m at a system integration company, so we work with HPE. We are partners with them. The ease of doing business with the company is the number one criteria when you select a vendor. The technical capability to solve a particular issue is also important, of course. This is followed by value for your money in terms of how much you spend on the infrastructure.
              IT Manager
              We can use it for more than just servers. It supports network storage as well.

What other advice do I have?

It should be easy to use and easy to manage things. You don't need a couple of different products to manage. Now you can use OneView for everything.
              Skill Center Leader at Orange France
              It was easy to set up and helps us manage server infrastructure and firmware updates.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise colleagues to look into using this solution. Now we know that HPE OneView is the future and an important the layer of synergy management; so we need to use it right now. When we evaluate vendors, we want a good explanation of the product and a good understanding of how the support will be. A good relationship with the vendor is important, as well as a lower price. Even if we know that this product is technically the best, the manager won’t want to select it if it is more expensive than others.
              CEO - Chief Executive Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
              We use it to monitor all our iLOs. They need to add some other storage systems like MSA or P2000.

What other advice do I have?

OneView is a really good option and it makes our life easy. In other words, you can shop around but this is a good thing. I'm really happy with the tool. It's a great thing.
              System Engineer at QUADRIA
              It is easy to set up and provides centralized management for different types of equipment. It does not support some equipment we have.

What other advice do I have?

You should test it. Some types of equipment are not supported and there is need for improvement.
              ICT Specialist X86/VMware at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
              In takes us less time to deploy more servers. Support needs to improve.

What other advice do I have?

You should use the product but not the support. That's really painful. The roadmap of the product looks fine and we are pleased with it.
              Server Hardware at Basefarm
              MSP
              It provides repository management for firmware. I would like to choose what I want to monitor from the server.

What other advice do I have?

You should start small in size . Initially, start with 5-10 servers and have that running for a couple of months to see how it works. After which you can deploy it on everything else. In other words, start small, work it out and then get bigger. Oneview From my previous experience with stability, the system needs to prove that it is stable now and that the functions are working better than the earlier versions.
              IT Senior Director at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
              It helps provide visibility for management. Support for HPE MSA storage is not currently available.

What other advice do I have?

You only need to look at this product because it is good. The most important criteria while choosing a vendor is in regards to their commitment of delivering a complete project and not part of the project. Thus, there is need to give end-to-end commitment for complete project delivery.
              Windows Server Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
              It can implement automation and write automation scripts. Sometimes it gets slow.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a very good solution if you want to have your compliance up-to-date, directly available, and you want to automate.
              IT Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
              With a simple integration, we monitor all the systems of our customers. It should provide a comparison of my firmware version's situation in relation to the new upgrade that is available.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product, but I don't have enough experience to say that it is perfect. In other words, there's a lot of experience needed and we are not able to maximize all the features in the product until we learn more from it.
              Server And Storage Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
              We now have standardized server templates and partially automated deployments.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to be sure about what you want to get out of the tool and that you understand its limitations. Definitely go through a demonstration yourself. It's very hard to bring a crosswalk, what's its capable of in just documentation and the like.
              Hosting Infrastructure Services Lead, EU with 1,001-5,000 employees
              Using this product, we can create one trunk and push it to all of the blades and the enclosures. They could improve the speed of pushing out a profile.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure what the other competitors are out there, to be perfectly honest. It works fine for us. As I’ve mentioned, it saves us a huge amount of time whenever we are setting up new systems. I recommend it for infrastructure monitoring.
              Senior Technician at a tech company with 51-200 employees
              I can control both 3PAR and our BladeSystems from one platform.

What other advice do I have?

Actually do the research, and not just try and run off of somebody at a blog, writing something. There's a lot more if you actually go into the research on the different products, what is actually really worth it and what isn't. A lot of stuff from EMC is expensive. It's more expensive than it needs to be going through HP.
              Enterprise Monitoring Specialist at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
              It catches physical issues with the servers and will fix them, if possible, and, if not, alerts us before they become a problem.

What other advice do I have?

Go for the latest version. Test it out for free, and you should be okay.
              Information Security Advisor, CISO & CIO, Docutek Services at Docutek Services
              It gives healthcare IT professionals the ability to control the infrastructure of their HIPAA-compliance systems
              Originally posted in Spanish at http://mrtechpr.com/?p=226%20. With OneView, an expandable and programmable solution from HP, the door opens for partnerships in the healthcare IT field and HIPAA compliance. This hi-tech industry can have a "whole new conversation" with customers who are being challenged by protocol constraints and safety regulations in the healthcare field and safety of patient or electronic documents. HP studied hundreds and hundreds of different approaches to managing IT more flexibly, and has decided that OneView is the best way to do it. An HP development team located on the same premises as HP Labs, were, or had been working, on the OneView technology for a period of four years in an attempt to dramatically improve cost inefficiencies around infrastructure…
              Information Security Advisor, CISO & CIO, Docutek Services at Docutek Services
              If you can make sure that you understand the workarounds for your challenges, then OneView is very stable.

What other advice do I have?

First, that it’s simple. It saves me time and is easy to use. It releases stress for me, and since I’m working with federal law, I really need to make sure that all of my customers and their data are protected properly. Go to the field and see what the clients are going through. Don’t just use case studies; check for the real stuff. What are others struggling with, and why is that important, and will this affect us? Make sure that vendors can solve real-life scenarios because that’s what you’re struggling with as well.
              Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus, and more!