Huawei OceanStor Dorado Overview

Huawei OceanStor Dorado is the #14 ranked solution in our list of best All-Flash Storage Arrays. It is most often compared to Dell EMC Unity XT: Huawei OceanStor Dorado vs Dell EMC Unity XT

What is Huawei OceanStor Dorado?

Huawei's OceanStor Dorado V3 all-flash storage is the ideal choice for enterprises' mission-critical business. It is the industry's first commercial use of NVMe all-flash storage, and it delivers high-performing, reliable, and efficient storage services.

Huawei OceanStor Dorado is also known as OceanStor Dorado V3 All-Flash Storage System.

Huawei OceanStor Dorado Buyer's Guide

Download the Huawei OceanStor Dorado Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Huawei OceanStor Dorado Customers

Telecom Italia, Hi3G Sweden, KPN

Huawei OceanStor Dorado Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Huawei OceanStor Dorado pricing:
  • "There are lots of features included with this solution and some of them require additional licensing, such as creating high availability storage using a cluster."
  • "The pricing is very competitive."
  • "There are some costs in addition to the standard licensing fees, depending on the requirements."
  • "This product is not too expensive, and the price is competitive on the market."

Huawei OceanStor Dorado Reviews

reviewer931455
Senior Storage Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Feb 26, 2020
Easy to manage, easy to provision storage, and it is a good price to performance ratio

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT distributor and this is one of the storage solutions that we implement for our clients. The primary use case is for VMware virtualization, although it is also used for database system storage. Oracle and other SQL databases require a lot of performance in terms of IO per second, which is met by using OceanStore Dorado.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the price to performance ratio."
  • "This solution does not support VMware VVols 2.0."

What other advice do I have?

In Poland, cloud-based workloads are just starting to be adopted. For the time being, the majority of solutions are still deployed on-premises. Overall, this is a good product that performs well and is easy to manage. Everything that is required by the market, this product already has. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer841566
Head of Research & Development at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 25, 2019
It works perfectly and enables us to use less space for storage

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to store our virtualized environment where we supply all the applications in RT and the process of many other types of services to our subsidiaries.

• "It is very easy to use."
  • "The initial setup was very complex."

What other advice do I have?

I really do recommend this solution to others. There are very few features that are not available in this program: it has compression, it has duplication, it has a clone, it has the alternator, it has replication, it has the CAP. It has everything and very low latency, all integrated into one system. And you need only one software to manage it. It is very easy to use. My rating is ten out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: February 2021.
464,857 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1372173
Solution Delivery Expert at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Aug 18, 2020
Simple to use with powerful applications

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and the Huawei OceanStor Dorado is one of the products that we are working on for a customer. There are a lot of use cases for it, primarily in the financial and banking sectors.

• "The majority of our customers find this solution simple to use."
  • "There are some limitations to this product because they do not have unified storage."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering OceanStor Dorado is that it is a very reliable solution with good features. It is a well-established product. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
reviewer1372173
Solution Delivery Expert at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Jan 24, 2021
Fast support, easy to deploy, priced competitively, and well-serves our DR purposes

What is our primary use case?

We have this product deployed in our data center and are using it for DR purposes.

• "This is a stable product that we can use for DR in production."
  • "If they implement a backup solution directly into the OceanStor then it will be a valuable feature."

What other advice do I have?

For me, this is a good solution and there is no need to improve it. I recommend it to others. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Desgnarcht67
Solution Design Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Sep 12, 2019
The technical support is great and I like the deduplication features and the graphical user interface

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for production.

• "The deduplication features and the graphical user interface (GUI) of the solution are the most valuable to me."
  • "An area of this product that has room for improvement is the NAS capability."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that it's a very good product and I'm very happy with it. In the next version, it would be nice to have a converged solution for NAS and SAN. On a scale from one to 10, where one is the worst and 10 is the best, I will rate a nine, because it's a very good product and it's stable. It just lacks automation support for automation products.
Seniorsyst568
Senior Systems Engineer at dts
Sep 20, 2019
A solution with a simple GUI that's fast and offers very good technical support

• "The initial setup is straightforward. Deployment takes about a day."
  • "The speeds of the disks themselves need to be faster. The disks are not flash. When we opened our hard drive from the inclusion, I saw a converter, and it's not entirely flash."

What other advice do I have?

We use a hybrid deployment model, and we're currently testing the solution. I'd rate the solution 8.5 out of ten.
Product Categories
All-Flash Storage Arrays
Download our free All-Flash Storage Arrays Report and find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Dell EMC, Pure Storage, and more!