IBM App Connect Reviews

industry
rating
System Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Apr 04 2017

What is most valuable?

We originally purchased Cast Iron because of its connections to Salesforce.

How has it helped my organization?

Because it has a graphical developer interface, we can quickly develop solutions that are connecting to anything on the cloud, without having to build those connectors ourselves.

What needs improvement?

I'm happy to see that Swagger is introduced because we're going to combine it with IBM API Connect. I wish it could reach out to the network folders, because that's the one thing we haven't been able to do well with it and that is to get... more»
Technical Presales at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Apr 18 2017

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is the availability of the adapters, which are already made out of the box. My customer then doesn't need to really spend a lot of time getting into production. You name it, SalesForce, or Ariba, whatever be... more»

How has it helped my organization?

Whether it be a CRM, ERP or whatever you want to integrate with, customers get the integration projects done at least 40% ahead of time. That's a great benefit for them and for us.

What needs improvement?

There are a few adapters which our customers have been asking for. That's something that's very critical, but I think most critically our customers are asking for support. If I call within the next two hours, someone should be there at least... more»
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Dell EMC, Oracle and others in Cloud Data Integration.
290,996 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Development Manager, IT Business Applications at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 30 2017

What do you think of IBM App Connect?

Valuable Features Its reliability and the large number of endpoints for connectivity are valuable features. • Room for Improvement I would like the ability for more than one developer to work on the same project (source control/branch merge). If the project has more than one orchestration, you should be able to have different people working on each. • Use of Solution I have used the product for about nine years (since before Cast Iron was acquired by IBM). • Stability Issues We are running the HyperV version and have had no problems with stability. Though if not designed well, the projects can definitely run out of resources when processing. • Scalability Issues It scales well. We are considering moving to the cloud version, as only one or our endpoints is local...
Senior Integration Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 17 2017

What do you think of IBM App Connect?

Valuable Features The product is a very simple integration tool with zero or minimal coding effort required. • Improvements to My Organization Our organization deals with multiple systems and we want the data to be available 24/7 across all the systems. IBM App Connect has a robust mechanism to handle such scenarios. • Room for Improvement The audit logging, transaction logging and other such similar features, such as the IBM App Connect cloud instance, need to be improved. • Use of Solution I have used this solution for nine months. • Stability Issues I did not encounter any stability issues. • Scalability Issues I did not encounter any scalability issues. • Customer Service and Technical Support I would give the technical support a 8/10 rating. •...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About IBM App Connect

290,996 professionals have used our research since 2012.

IBM App Connect Questions

IBM App Connect Projects By Members

IBM App Connect Consultants

What is IBM App Connect?

Rapidly connect public clouds, private clouds and on-premises application

App Connect Professional is IBM’s cloud integration offering which delivers an integration solution
• With ease-of-use, flexibility and increased responsiveness to the evolving business needs, while removing the daunting complexities of integration.
• Provides the powerful combination of a ‘simple integration experience’ for business users looking to automate how their applications talk to each other; coupled with a ‘configuration based integration’ approach for IT.
• App Connect Professional is for the teams and integration developers who need to solve more complex problems and need powerful tooling for integration scenarios

Also known as
IBM Cast Iron
IBM App Connect customers

United Way of Allegheny County, Saint-Gobain CPS, Ricoh, SunTrust Banks Inc.

BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Cloud Data Integration solution is right for you?

Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Dell EMC, Oracle, and more!