Informatica MDM Overview

Informatica MDM is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Customer Data Integration tools. It is most often compared to IBM InfoSphere MDM: Informatica MDM vs IBM InfoSphere MDM

What is Informatica MDM?

Informatica MDM solution delivers the market-leading foundation on which to build that trusted 360-degree view. Companies around the globe rely on Informatica MDM to give business users easy access to the data that drives their strategic decisions about cutting costs, increasing revenues, improving operations, reducing risk, and capitalizing on opportunities. As the industry’s only true end-to-end MDM solution, it incorporates data integration, data quality, data governance, business process management, and master data management on a single vendor-agnostic platform to ensure faster time-to-value.

Informatica MDM is also known as Siperian, Customer 360.

Informatica MDM Customers

UPMC, Citrix

Informatica MDM Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Product Owner - Data Management at Maersk
Leaderboard
It gives you accountability to centralize your data and have it available to different applications.

What is our primary use case?

Each use case is basically based on two pillars, one is MDM tools (for better consolidated integrated master data) and the second pillar is the e-governance (the quality dimension). You can build something, you can expose it as a service, which can be consumed by anyone. But there is a good benefit that helps us on boarding new applications, having a seamless connectivity between these. Our center which plays a very good role in ATL, also works well. It has an ADT Meta Data Management business glossary, for filing those kind of components, and it helped us in really maturing from a governance point of view and from an infrastructure set-up point of view.

What is most valuable?

It gives you accountability to centralize your data and have it available to…
PC
Consultant at ALTEN Calsoft Labs
It has good processes and governance

What is our primary use case?

To create and launch new products/services on telecom security.

How has it helped my organization?

It has good processes and governance.

What is most valuable?

NPI Security Governance Risk management.

What needs improvement?

By improving customer service Integration solutions development Implementation style.

Still implementing.
Master Data Analyst at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
We can see all our information on a single screen. However, we can't sell the product without an additional layer.

What is our primary use case?

We are using the product data for building maintenance and item creation, then putting all the structures in for our new e-Catalog launch. It has been performing well.

How has it helped my organization?

Its key capability is in data maintenance. We can maintain all the organizational data in a single software.  It is nice to learn.  We can see all our information on a single screen.

What is most valuable?

It is good for centralized data.

What needs improvement?

We cannot sell the product directly with an additional layer.

It would be more stable if we could merge all the products into a single software.

How is customer

Assistant Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
​The tool manually checks on applying business rules and helps to implement them

What is our primary use case?

To cleanse and create standardization third-party data by implementing business rules and Address Doctor.

How has it helped my organization?

Manually checks on applying business rules,  The tool helps to implement business rules. It helps to get quick results as well.

What is most valuable?

Address Doctor. This is the best feature to gives an accurate combination of the information provided with a level of returned threshold value.

What needs improvement?

To implement the new workflow with simple steps and a quick visualization with a 360 view of the data.

Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
Valuable features include data quality improvement, analytics, and reporting.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest to just go for it. It is the best MDM solution in the market.
MDM Lead at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
MSP
The Match-and-Merge feature helps us to address customers' issues, although setup is complex as it requires understanding of PAM documents.

What is most valuable?

The Match-and-Merge feature is valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

We are now more equipped to address the customers' issues.

What needs improvement?

Performance issues can be looked at Improved release documentation is expected because I feel that the current release document doesn't give you the clear picture of what has been fixed and what has not been fixed from previous versions.

3 Years

We faced issues with User Exits post deployment, but those were addressed by Informatica.

If the guides are followed then the instructions are very well documented about issues that may crop up…
Senior Consulting Partner at GINNOVATES
Leaderboard
I recommend reviewing and assessing the volume of data you will incorporate into the MDM, because the pricing seems to be based on row count used at the MDM Entities you built.

What other advice do I have?

First, you need to assess the status quo of data integration and data quality at your organization, then, after you settle these strategies and implement the solutions, it is advisable to go for MDM. If you do it the other way around, it will cause a lot of headaches and will cost you many more resources, time, and overall creditability to generate value beyond just results.
Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It reduces duplicate, inaccurate, and poor-quality data, but I would like to see more ETL capabilities.
Graduate Assistant with 1,001-5,000 employees
It helped us realize our goal of maintaining a distinct (golden) record for better decision making and reporting, but we used to face some Java application problems using it.

What other advice do I have?

I used this product almost 18 months ago. Informatica is one of the renowned names in Enterprise Information Management and there has been some changes for their MDM product. I would suggest you check their recent upgrades and take an informed decision.
MDM Customer Portfolio Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
It eliminates the need to run a full tokenization process during the match and merge process, but Informatica's internal testing should have caught many of the bugs we found.

What other advice do I have?

The upgrade is straightforward if you currently have Informatica implemented. Don’t wait too long to upgrade, we waited five years between upgrades, and will not do so again. If this is you first MDM implementation, spend as much time forming data governance program as you do on the technical piece. The major vendors in the MDM space (Informatica, IBM, SAP & Oracle) have similar functionality. Informatica has been slowly integrating their legacy ETL product into the former Siperian product to make a very robust product.
Consultant at a wellness & fitness company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The initial set up and configuration is fairly straight forward, which is one of the strengths of this product.

What other advice do I have?

Always start by forming a robust Data Governance organization to ensure implementation of good data quality standards, policies and processes.
Architect at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Excellent MDM in my opinion. Needs better workflows for our business users.

What other advice do I have?

Facebook integration looks interesting, but we haven't taken advantage of it. Informatica is a very innovative company in my opinion.