Keeper Overview

Keeper is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Single Sign-On (SSO) tools. It is most often compared to LastPass Enterprise: Keeper vs LastPass Enterprise

What is Keeper?

Keeper Security is transforming the way businesses and individuals protect their passwords and sensitive digital assets to significantly reduce cyber theft. As the leading password manager and digital vault, Keeper helps millions of people and thousands of businesses substantially mitigate the risk of a data breach. Keeper is SOC 2 Certified and utilizes best-in-class encryption to safeguard its customers. Keeper protects industry-leading companies including Sony, Chipotle, and The University of Alabama at Birmingham. Keeper partners with global OEMs and mobile operators to preload Keeper on smartphones and tablets. Learn more at https://keepersecurity.com.

Keeper is also known as Keeper Security.

Keeper Buyer's Guide

Download the Keeper Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Keeper Customers

At&t, Wells Fargo, Disney, GM, Chase, Honeywell, Samsung, Dow

Keeper Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

reviewer822570
Manager at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Jun 19, 2018
It syncs with all devices and supports all platforms

What is our primary use case?

It is for personal and business tools that I use on my mobile device. It is working great with web and app components working on browser extensions, which makes my life much easier.

How has it helped my organization?

We need to change our password constantly and maintain it. This is an impossible task to do without a password management app.

What is most valuable?

It syncs with all devices and supports all platforms.

What needs improvement?

API possible needs improvement. Although, this feature is for enterprises which need more then the usual usage.  It would be nice to see this great tool integrate with other tools out there.

it_user817596
M Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jun 14, 2018
Stronger passwords are being used across the board in our organization

What is our primary use case?

This product keeps me from duplicating passwords and helps me to use stronger passwords.  I also love the functionality of KeeperFill.

How has it helped my organization?

Stronger passwords are being used across the board in our organization.  It saves us from duplicating passwords for different accounts.

What is most valuable?

Cloud storage (access from anywhere) and KeeperFill are very handy. Plus, it saves me a lot of typing.

What needs improvement?

Possible offline access to passwords. Therefore, when internet access is unavailable, I can still access my vault.

Find out what your peers are saying about Keeper, Dashlane, LogMeIn and others in Enterprise Password Managers. Updated: February 2021.
466,017 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user710274
Senior Technology Architect at Sprint
Jun 7, 2018
Auto login across platforms allows for no copying and pasting

What is most valuable?

Auto login across platforms allows for no copying and pasting.

What needs improvement?

Its aesthetic needs improvement.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

The technical support has no experience.

It is mostly straightforward. Keyboard integration for auto login is complex on Android, but that is an OS issue.
it_user835035
Air lab tech at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Mar 11, 2018
I can access my passwords from any Internet connected device

What is our primary use case?

I use Keeper for my wife and my personal password storage. We can both access each other's passwords without needing to contact the other person.

How has it helped my organization?

I can manage any accounts or bills my wife may have. Since we share an account, I do not need to contact her for her passwords and vice versa.

What is most valuable?

I like Keeper's mobility and its accessibility. No matter where I am, or if I have my phone on me or not, I can access my passwords from any Internet connected device.

What needs improvement?

Maybe a sort of category organizer to help with organizing passwords for different things, such as banking, medical, shopping, and school.

Three to five years.
it_user817677
Director of Sales at a transportation company
Feb 26, 2018
The generator of complex passwords keeps me safe from being hacked

What is our primary use case?

Primarily used to store everything from passwords and logins to credit cards and passports. It contains all the various additional answers to login questions along with PIN numbers. I also use it to store personal things that I frequently need to access such as a listing of medications.

• "It is very easy to install and setup."
  • "Support is very quick to respond, and they have fixed any issues that I have had."
  • "The generator of complex passwords keeps me safe from being hacked."
  • "I would add a category for personal documents or photos of ID cards."
it_user815124
Real Estate Agent at a real estate/law firm
Feb 26, 2018

What is our primary use case?

I love Keeper! It keeps my passwords organized and safe. It is nice to be able to use my Touch ID and have access to all my passwords in one place.

How has it helped my organization?

My organization does not use Keeper. I have recommended Keeper to several of my coworkers, however, for their personal use.

What is most valuable?

I love how Keeper keeps my passwords so I am organized. I would be lost without it. I have cognitive issues and Keeper is a real lifesaver time and time again.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a way to store files and photos in the next update. If it already does this, I have yet to explore it.

More than five years.
it_user813492
Ingeniero de Sistemas at a tech vendor
Feb 26, 2018
It has a double authentication factor increasing the security level

What is our primary use case?

Keeper is a coil for securely storing passwords and access credential information. It is very easy to use, intuitive, and cost effective.

• "It is very easy to use, intuitive, and cost effective."
  • "It has a secure password generator that incorporates random creation tools and good security practices, which allows for an easy, quick, organized update and sharing with a work team."
  • "It has a double authentication factor increasing the security level."
  • "​The installation and its use are very simple​."
  • "Needs to provide an API to be integrated with the information systems and offer secure file hosting service with sharing and editing capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, it is a good service.
it_user790347
Operations Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jan 1, 2018
Helps to strengthen account protection by having different passwords for each account

What is our primary use case?

To share passwords with peers and team. Keeper makes it easier to share passwords and reduce time needed on a project due to ineffective communication.

How has it helped my organization?

Keeper can help to strengthen account protection by having different passwords for each account. This practices ultimately leads to better password management, unlike traditional methods (keep a notepad of passwords or send it by email).

What is most valuable?

Password sharing and SSO. These features almost become a necessity to make sure that company data is safe and reduce the possibility of data breach.

What needs improvement?

1. Customer service 2. UI/UX  3. KeeperFill on iOS 4. More exporting choice (e.g., PDF with password, etc.)

For how long have I

Leona Estep
Customer Service Representative at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 2, 2017
A great way to create longer, more complex passwords

• "Can create folders for specific types of information (i.e., work, personal, and school)."
  • "If you purchase the premium, then after the subscription expires, you cannot edit your passwords any longer, even if you could before you purchased the paid subscription."
it_user372651
Insurance Agent at a insurance company with 11-50 employees
Aug 24, 2017
We can verify the security level and have the system randomly assign and store passwords.

• "We can access our sign-ins and passwords on up to five devices per user. This means I can access a given site and my login and password for that site from my home and office computers as well as my phone and iPad."
  • "They could possibly add a pre-designed contact feature that would work similar to a cell phone contact feature."

What other advice do I have?

Yes, do it. The ability to randomly assign passwords that are difficult and to save them eliminates using a common password for all sites. It is great to be able to choose a length that is appropriate for the site you are on by simply sliding a bar to choose the length of the randomly assigned password that works.
it_user710361
Jul 29, 2017
A multi-platform tool which generates numerous passwords and has well-prepared extensions for all the major web browsers

• "Available for Windows platforms and also Mac OS and Linux systems."
  • "The user experience and the mobile app could be improved."
it_user699540
Video Network Engineer II at a tech services company
Jul 10, 2017
A great password manager + solution for any business and personal use

• "Enables IT department to force very complex passwords for certain users."
  • "Ability to store 'files' from IOS & Android devices. You can store pics from these devices currently. Most file formats can be uploaded from PC's/Macs"

What other advice do I have?

Keeper is rock solid for business and personal use. I don't know what I'd/we do without it. Top notch software and support.
it_user687906
Lead Software Developer / Team Leader at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Jul 5, 2017
Only one single password should be remembered. Works on all my devices.

• "Possibility to login using the fingerprint sensor on Android/iPhone."
  • "Rearranging folders via drag/drop functionality would be very helpful."
it_user664536
Jun 30, 2017
The ​Chrome extension and app are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Much more efficiently because less time is spent remembering/resetting passwords

What is most valuable?

Chrome extension and app.

What needs improvement?

Search functions are sometimes weird.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: I have not experienced customer service yet. Technical Support: I have not experienced technical support yet.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was…
it_user578475
Spiritual Director (Graduate Certificate) at a religious institution
Jun 22, 2017
I can have unique, complex passwords which sync between my phone, tablet, and laptop.

• "i have only one password to remember, which is the one to get me into Keeper."
    Happy Guadalupe
    Adminsitrative Team Support, North America Operations Team at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
    Jun 19, 2017
    For Android, you have fingerprint sign-on.
    reviewer668895
    IAM Consultant at a engineering company with 1-10 employees
    May 22, 2017
    The security architecture and account transfer features are a couple of the most valuable features.

• "Keeper Bridge."
    • "Ability to set up password profiles that can predefine custom fields and password complexity."

What other advice do I have?

It is the best product we recommend to our clients. Get Keeper!
    reviewer626313
    Parts and Logistics Manager at a manufacturing company
    Mar 16, 2017
    It can save additional fields like security questions and notes.

What other advice do I have?

I use Keeper every day, all day long for personal and business use to store and remember more than 100 passwords for the various websites I work on and manage. My co-workers and I share passwords and keep each other updated on password changes using Keeper. I can seamlessly move from my computer to my phone when on-the-go as well using my Keeper Android App. Generating passwords is simple. You just click the icon to create. I have control over how long Keeper keeps me logged into the computer I am using as well, that way I can change it if I am using a computer that is not my own. I also love…
    it_user583890
    IT Consultant at a healthcare company
    Jan 10, 2017
    Password sharing with team members.

What is most valuable?

Password sharing with team members.

How has it helped my organization?

No longer chasing passwords for one of the one thousand things I need them for. Centralized storage.

What needs improvement?

Being able to import from other password managers directly.

3 Years.

Nope, very simple.

Nope.

Nope.

Customer Service: Excellent, had an issue early on with access permissions and they fixed it quick like champs. Technical Support: Excellent.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

it_user559356
    Senior Business Development Representative at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Nov 27, 2016
    ​Strong password creator and easy to use interface.

What is most valuable?

Strong password creator Two factor authentication Cross platform functionality Easy to use interface

How has it helped my organization?

We are more organized and know that our data is protected.

What needs improvement?

Export functionality.

4+ years

Responsive.

Local password management.

Straightforward.

I handled it.

Pr…
    it_user555690
    CT Technologist at a healthcare company
    Nov 21, 2016
    It keeps passwords and logins organized and secure.
    it_user455745
    Senior Fellow at a international affairs institute
    Jul 10, 2016
    The Chrome browser plug-in and Android app are efficient.
    it_user372180
    Owner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Feb 21, 2016
    For us the two most important features are two-factor authentication and the ability to securely share document passwords amongst specific team members.
    Download our free Enterprise Password Managers Report and find out what your peers are saying about Keeper, Dashlane, LogMeIn, and more!